Smoke detector

Tom_Diane

We have a 3200re and the smoke detector is located in the hall above the steps to the bed. When cooking or simply making toast for breakfast, the alarm is set off. Even the Coffee pot sets it off. I've looked for a screw or adjustment to set the sensitivity but havent found one. We pull the battery when we need to cook inside or make coffee. Have I possibly got as defective detector? Removing the battery is counter productive as we tend to forget to reinstall it after we are done cooking etc. Ive considered moving it to another location but that seems to be the ideal spot and I hate poking holes, however small into the walls and ceiling. Velcro wpould work also but it eventually lets go and leaves a nasty looking patch where it was stuck. Has anyone else had the same problem. It is a pretty trivial problem compared to some I have seen but it is a big problem if it is incapacitated and we have a fire in the middle of the night. I was hoping that Heartland has another detector that they use but I may have to just buy one with some adjustment.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We ordered Smoke Detectors for our trailer from this location. Scroll down and see the Smoke Detector and CO Detector.

They still go off if I am cooking bacon or something like that. I also can reduce the times it goes off by always using the Range Hood Fan.

Might check out the Fire Extinguishers also. We have two of the Cold Fire's.

BC

Tom_Diane

Thats what I was hoping to find. A detector with a hush button. I am going to get me a couple of them. Thanks for the reply

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We have a 2009 2900MK, and the smoke detector would go off at the very start of cooking at just about every meal. The dealer first "fixed" the problem (not) by cleaning the detector chamber with compressed air. Next time around because the problem continued, I insisted the dealer replace the detector and this was done. We havn't had a false alarm since, so yes, there are detectors out there that are too sensitive or just flat out don't work as they should.

Tom_Diane

I think they skimped on a quality smoke detector. They seem to be of Wal-Mart quality. I think I will just skip the dealer repair on this one and look at getting one like Tx bobcat led me to. Ours would be activated by just using the coffee pot in the corner furthest from the unit.