Help with viewing threads

bhoth

Hi All,

why is it when I click on a thread to view it, I do not see the original post, just all reply's to it.

I am a computer guy and have used forums for many years and never seen anything like this.
What am I doing wrong?

jbeletti

There could be a few reasons for this.

Some threads are very popular and there may be many pages of replies. If you are not on the page with post #1, then you will not see the original post that started the thread.

Also, if your Thread Display Options are set with a cut-off point instead of Display All - then you may not have access to all. You may adjust this in Settings-General. Here's a link to it. Look for Thread Display Options.

Here's how mine looks:
Thread Display Options

• Show Signatures
  • Show Avatars
  • Show Images (including attached images and images in code)[/I]
    [/LIST]
    [SIZE=1]You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts[/SIZE].
    [I]
    Thread Display Mode: Newest First
    [SIZE=1]Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view [URL="//heartlandowners.org/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_thread_display"]this help page[/URL].
    [/SIZE]
    Number of Posts to Show Per Page: Show 40 Posts Per
    [SIZE=1]Page Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
    [/SIZE]
    Default Thread Age Cut Off: Show all threads
    [SIZE=1]You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown.[/SIZE][/I][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE] Finally, be aware that on your own first 2 forum posts, because you are a new member of the forum, your first 2 are moderated. This means a moderator review, then approves them. When approved, they are viewable. Once you have 2 behind you, all your posts will appear immediately with the exception of those made in the Ask The Factory forums - which are always moderated. Hope this helps explain it.

Jim

PS: Moving this thread to Forum Input forum