2900 mk

gumpster

I have a 2004.5 Dodge Short Bed Quad Cab Diesel and thinking of buying a 2900 MK or the 3100 ES but would like to know if I need a slider hitch?:rolleyes:

Rrloren

I have the 2900mk and have the Dodge short bed without a slider and have not had any problem. I checked it in the Dealer's yard before I left and did not have a problem.
So far I put around 5000 miles on it and have had no issues. My Dealer recommended the Reese 15k hitch and that's what I had them install.

sunriverman

2900 MK
We have a 2010 Sundance with a shortbed Supercab Ford diesel. Of course they wanted to sell me a slider hitch. After looking at others I decided against it. Have never had a problem or even come close and I have gotten in some tight situations. Have over 10,000 miles on the unit since last May.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have a 2900MK and Ford shortbed. I do have a manual slider, but I have never used it, except one a year to check that it still works.

tmcran

I would not get a slider. I have short bed Chevy and have never needed a slider.....not even close. IMO is save your money and get some other goodies.

jwpurdy

I have a 2005 Ram Quad Cab short box and pull a Sundance 3200ES with no problems. I am carefull and watch real close. I have a slider but have never used it.

dynaguy

I would buy the slider just to have it in case you ever need it for your Sundance or maybe if you purchase a different brand down the road.