Any waterfowl hunters here?

OhioJay

I suppose this thread could go anywhere, really, but figured I'd give a "boost" to the firearms forum.

I've hunted ducks and geese for about 30 years or so. I haven't been "out" for the last 3 years, but plan to make it for the 2010/2011 season. Anyone else chase the birds?

Last edited by a moderator:

skyguy

You bet! I grew up hunting big game, upland game, and waterfowl. Been doing it 50 years now, not ready to quit yet! Had Lab retrievers for 30 years, now up to my sons. DW now has a Havanese - its tough for him to retrieve a duck when the duck is bigger than him!

robnmo

I suppose this thread could go anywhere, really, but figured I'd give a "boost" to the firearms forum.

I've hunted ducks and geese for about 30 years or so. I haven't been "out" for the last 3 years, but plan to make it for the 2010/2011 season. Anyone else chase the birds?

I've chased and checked the "bird chasers" for 32 yrs and 2 months (not that I'm counting)....................does that count? ;)

I have not done water fowl hunting but my golden retriever and I really enjoy going out pheasant hunting.Hopefully i'll get my elk tag this year and give that a try for the first time.I'm sure the dog will be mad at me when I leave with the gun and not him on that trip though.

DW_Gray

I haven't been the past two years but really enjoy waterfowl hunting. I've got some decoys in storage while full-timing now. No dogs either. So my eyes and ears open for the opportunity to hunt with someone else. Here's an idea, what about a RVers Hunting Club or something like that?

Last edited:

Tom of Ypsi

Never hunted waterfowl and I have been in some foul water but I did hunt just about everything else when we lived in Mi. I like the idea of a RV'rs hunting club and it would be nice to have a nationalized license. As fulltimers it is quite costly to have to buy a non resdent license wherever you want to hunt.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
No Dave but my best friends dog she is training just passed her bird tests. We do golden retriever rescue together and will be seeing her at the PA Rally!! woops 2010-mk-2900
  • His post just explained to me that she is pheasant hunting.....Now I know there must be a difference.//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/private.php?do=newpm&u=6802
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/images/statusicon/user-offline.png

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
Yes sir. I have been hunting waterfowl since I was 15 yrs old. I am now 58. I hunt mostly geese now from layout blinds. I shoot a Browning 625 over under with 3" # 3 steel shot and 2 trulok extended mod chokes. i might go to 2 3/4 " this year.

Rick

I have chased birds from Canada to Arkansas, but mostly in central Illinois now. I have some decoys for sale and other waterfowl items too. I guess my screen name might give it away that I own a Chesapeake Bay Retriver at this time. Good dogs and faithful.