2011 3612 comments ideas

bhoth

Hi All,

we are very interested in the 2011 3612 HD edition but we have two concerns.

1. while walking through the 3612 we noticed there is not a single cabinet in the wall facing to the front of the coach, just a mirror and a magazine rack. The 3010 seems to have more cabinet space then the 3612. Specifically more pantry space is what we think is needed.

2. We love the idea of the side aisle bathroom but the bathroom in the 3612 is one of the most cramped we have seen. Try brushing your teeth or leaning over to wash your face, your rearend is bumping into the shower!

My wife and I believe if you stuck to one hallway rather than two this would open that bathroom up a little more and give the necessary room needed.

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your interest in Heartland RV and the Cyclone 3612. We appreciate it your feedback and these nice comments are what keeps Cyclone ahead of the pack. We will look in to any and all suggestions. Take care, Mike

robnmo

Hi All,

we are very interested in the 2011 3612 HD edition but we have two concerns.

1. while walking through the 3612 we noticed there is not a single cabinet in the wall facing to the front of the coach, just a mirror and a magazine rack. The 3010 seems to have more cabinet space then the 3612. Specifically more pantry space is what we think is needed.

2. We love the idea of the side aisle bathroom but the bathroom in the 3612 is one of the most cramped we have seen. Try brushing your teeth or leaning over to wash your face, your rearend is bumping into the shower!

My wife and I believe if you stuck to one hallway rather than two this would open that bathroom up a little more and give the necessary room needed.

Agree with the bathroom is a little more cramped, BUT, we personally like the idea of having an entrance into the bathroom immediately at the front door, and also the option of someone in the bathroom yet we can still get to our bedroom via a hallway we like really well yet the option of getting to the bathroom from our bedroom.........for us it's a "perfect setup". As for the cabinet space.............we're gonna disagree, there might not be as many cabinets in numbers, but in the others we looked at the cabinets that were there were very shallow vs very deep in the 3612. That's the one thing the wife looked at specifically was cabinet storage space, she says the 3612 wins out. Our opinion. Had we not seen a new 3612 setting on a lot when we were on our way to buy an RV we would be the owners of SOB (361 LEV) ;-) Glad we took the Cyclone.

gpshemi

Well I think you're out numbered. We like the floorplan the way it is. We love the double door. we like the kids being able to use it in the night without going through our bedroom and waking us.

As for cabinets I'm of two minds. Plenty of them, but a bit hard to get to everything.

Bottom line is nearly every coach is a compromise in something. The 3612 is no different. You just have to pick what fits best for you.

bhoth

Thanks for the comments so far, I think I did not explain clearly what I meant in the the single hallway. The wife and I agree 100 percent about the kids not coming into our master bedroom to use the bathroom. What I meant by the single hallway is the floor plan more similar to the 3010 or the 3850. As far as the cabinets, we appreciate the feedback from folks who have the 3612. We will have to look closer!

Thanks again!

tilleyjs

The threshold for the bathroom is 69" to 72" tall. I am 70" tall and find it acceptable. You sacrifice a roomier bathroom to have it enclosed, and I believe the privacy is a good sacrifice. To HEARTLAND COMPANY RECOMMENDATIONS/COMMENTS FOR 2011: I own the 2010 Cyclone 3612. I would add a light switch as you are going into the bedroom. Add heating ducks to the garage portion. The only problems I have had are: 1. Hot water heater leaked badly after use of 30 days(just tightened it up). 2. The shower leaked around the door and I mean profusely. Just pointed my arse a new direction. I am also going to have that fixed. 3. Fantastic fan squeaked very badly first 3 months of use. WD40'd it and now no squeak but there is a plastic rub sound. Those are my problems up to this point. Not really anything crazy.

ArlingtonFire

Getting ready for the maiden voyage next week on my 3812.....I have to agree.. a light switch for the bedroom should be a priorty and lower the light switch in the garage for the little people. I think that around the switch for the beds would be good......Have ordered some motion lights for the kids and myself in the bedroom from coilnwrap.com and I have heard people state a light switch inside the front door would be nice to get to the main switch cabinet...This is where a motion light will be placed

robnmo

The threshold for the bathroom is 69" to 72" tall. I am 70" tall and find it acceptable. You sacrifice a roomier bathroom to have it enclosed, and I believe the privacy is a good sacrifice. To HEARTLAND COMPANY RECOMMENDATIONS/COMMENTS FOR 2011: I own the 2010 Cyclone 3612. I would add a light switch as you are going into the bedroom. Add heating ducks to the garage portion. The only problems I have had are: 1. Hot water heater leaked badly after use of 30 days(just tightened it up). 2. The shower leaked around the door and I mean profusely. Just pointed my arse a new direction. I am also going to have that fixed. 3. Fantastic fan squeaked very badly first 3 months of use. WD40'd it and now no squeak but there is a plastic rub sound. Those are my problems up to this point. Not really anything crazy.

tilleyjs

Ours is a 2011 and our shower door also leaked, I removed the caulking covering the screw heads (it was just blobbed on) and put a light coating on them but the big problem was in the hinge side of the door at the bottom, they had caulked at the joint of door frame but didn't put any back inside that frame, it created a dam effect water would run down in there, build up and the water would run out through the seam to the exterior of the shower stall. (it's right down in the bottom corner of the door hinge side just a very small spot) I removed their caulking and recaulked it making sure to get the entire seam, it hasn't leaked since.

gpshemi

Our shower door leaks as well. I still have that to hunt down.

While on city water in Gatlinburg the main tank filled. So there must be a bad check valve in there somewhere. Then, once we started dry camping, the pump is running every 15 mins. I hope it's all just a bad pump. There doesn't seem to be any leaks in it.