first heartland

srsawyer

Just bought our first 5th wheel. 2009 sundance 285BH. Can't wait to get it in a week. Out with the pop-up Hello 5th wheel. Just hope its easy to back up looks intimidating.

jimtoo

Hi srsawyer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yep... it's a little longer than your popup was, but it is easy to learn. I would suggest you go to a large parking lot, church during the week or someplace that is vacant. Then just practice backing between the lines, turning down the lanes without cutting the corner. Don't be afraid to ask someone for help, we all need it at some time. Just be safe.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GETnBYE

Congrats on the Sundance.
Several posts on here with links to backing in a while back. Try a search, if I can find it, I will reply again with a link.
Just don't try to learn at a crowded campground with a large crowd watching.
We always draw a crowd, because we go back and forth sooooo many times. Ha, I saw we give a good show in case anyone is board!
Good luck,
Nita

***found it, hope the link works: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15458-Backing-Up?highlight=back+up

Last edited:

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Congratulations on the new Sundance. We bought a 2900Mk last September and love it. The 5er will turn a lot slower than the old pop-up when backing.
Take the advice from GETnBye and go to a large parking lot. Take some 5 gallon pails and start practicing. Get pull thrus at the campgrounds the first trips to make it easier. There are some really good trainers out there that can spend a day or so with you and the DW on how to park the 5er in a tight spot.

srsawyer

Thanks for the great advice I will give it some good practice. I might try a church parking lot. Can't heart to the the big guys help.

montanakid2

Congrats on your new Heartland , We reciently purchased a NorthCountry 22Fb . It has been the bomb.
Enjoy your camping year.