De-Winterize 31QBS

kswatson

A while ago I there was a post on de-winterizing the 31qbs could someone please send me some info on this, dont want to pay the $100 this time.
Thanks
Keith

irvin56

http://www.bitware.com/5er/winterizing.htm

to dewinterize just Hook up the hose to city water inlet. Turn on the taps and run the water through out the lines until it comes clear.
I usuallly do this at my camp site first time out( we always have water hookup). Just switch the HW bypass valves back from winterizing setup. GOOD to go. I run cold water taps first once all run clear. Then shut off and open my bathroom sink HW first. Farthest from Water inlet. Then when air is out of line(hw tank is empty so it takes time for all air to leave.) once it runs clear I then go to tub and kitchen sink last

hope this helps. It's easy and DON"T need to pay someone to turn on taps. as this is all they do and say then Pay Me Please

RollingHome

Keith, I was where you are once... Irvin gave you good advice, may I offer more. You will master this with time. First make a list and modify it as you go. Not to scare you but, you can burn your electric water heater elements up if ya mess up (we ALL been there, done that and it is not the end). You must find your Hot Water Heater BY-PASS valve/s (there are 3 in close proximity). As the name implies, these valves by-pass your water heater so it does not have to be filled with "pink stuff" when you winterize. On my BH this is a simple 90 degree twist of 1 handle. On a travel trailer I had - 3 seperate valves had to be turned under the kitchen sink (1 off 2 on for summer use), next to the water heater. Since water will come out of the RV's hot faucet/s in By-Pass, DO NOT ASSUME it is OK to turn on the electric to your water heater. If you "think" your by-pass is valved to the correct summer position ONLY use LP gas to heat your water, this will save the elements and confirm you have the by-pass right for use. Once you feel very warm water coming from the faucet you can then turn on the electric. Yes you can use LP & electric at the same time for quick recovery. Also, some techs remove and leave out the water heater drain (anode plug) when they winterize, this must be replaced (use teflon tape on the threads) or water will flood your RV and cause you to use bad words. Finally, some techs pop open the water heater safety valve to break the vacuum while draining the water heater. It's a simple one finger task to snap it down and in place, if you don't your bad word vocabulary will increase further. I wish I knew how to attach drawings to this forum but I don't. When I get home tonight I will send you a MS Word Doc. in PM. I used to print this sheet out and tape it to the wall over the electric water heater switch to prevent a spring burn out... yeah I smoked the elements once. My cheat sheet refreshed my forgettful mind and saved me the grief again. Keith as you do more on your RV you will gain confidence and save money, this forum is a great place to start. Hope this helps.