Cyclone VS Road Warrior VS Fuzion

My husband and I are considering purchasing a 2011 Cyclone 3010, a Road Warrior 305 or a Fuzion 322. I really like the Cyclone product, but in our area the dealer doesn't keep Cyclones in stock, just Road Warriors. After much online research we decided to visit the dealer and look at the Road Warrior to get an idea of the Cyclone's features. Other than the fabric, the kitchen faucet and the "under coach drawer storage" there were no discernible differences in the two. Can someone let me know if there are any "structural" or meat and potatoes differences? Also, my husband still seems to favor the Fuzion. On paper they are similar in features. Can anyone nail down the tangible pros and cons between Heartland products and the Fuzion?

gpshemi

Well the biggest one is Fusion = Keystone.
Since my Laredo 29RL was not one of the better units I've owned over the years, and Keystone was less then interested in its structural issues, I'm done with their products.

My understanding on the Road Warrior is they are the same construction, just different options. You can get a RW loaded out to be a Cyclone basically, but it's all standard on a Cyclone. Personally if either of the two have the options on your want list, then you can't go wrong.

Keep in mind there's a reason Heartland is a growing company while 25% or more of the RV industry burned up and disappeared in the last few years. Right?

smday

My wife and I spent 4 long months searching for a new Toy Hauler. We looked at XLR, Wide Opens, Recons, Road Warriors, Cyclones, Gear Boxes and Fuzions. We had a Keystone Raptor 3110 TT and had nothing but issues with it. After I finally fixed everything the wife wanted to upgrade to a fifth wheel one and also be a little bigger to bring the neices camping. The wife was hooked on the Fuzion and i was putting my foot down (as much as i could) at not buying another Keystone product again. (Friends have Keystone products and have also had issues) So we spent the Sept long weekend traveling Alberta to look at all the trailers because they all weren't available here in our city. After we went into a Cyclone i was really hooked into getting it, but we had to look at the rest as well. After all said and done the wife still wanted the Fuzion and me the Cyclone. It came done to going to the Factory to make the final choice and guess who won. After the smoke cleared and pocket emptied she told me she loved the Cyclone as well because of the customer service we got from the factory and from the dealer. They went the extra distance a made a couple of changes that she wanted and she was extremly pleased when they did it. Keep Up the great work Heartland.

porthole

Retired
I looked at all 3 in Elkhart, as well as several others. In the end the Cyclone was the best bang for the buck. Overall fit and finish, appearance, options, service, materials used etc. This was after a look in - under - over etc of my main choices, keystones, sunnybrooks, heartlands, kHz. Also looked at a couple others while in Elkhart.

When you can look at the models in a fairly close time frame (and take notes) the differences start to stand out.

As for the current differences between the Cyclone and Road Warrior you would be best off to call the factory and see what is current. When we got our 3010 most of the differences were materials (solid surface versus laminated counter tops) gel coat versus non etc.
Value wise it was only a bit more for a lot more.

dynaguy

Go for the Cyclone, you'll be glad you did and never look back, except to see the competition trying to catch Cyclone, we just love our new one!!

Thanks everyone for your input. It looks like I've converted him, now we need to sell our current 5th wheel and find a cyclone in our area, (not an easy task)!

shriver63

You could get a Cyclone with a Road Warrior model tag on it like mine. Unless Cyclone makes a model called RW 395