First Mishap

montanakid2

On our first shakedown , we noticed that our outlets had no power in our new Northcountry 22Fb.
And we were running on Battery power. I checked that we had shore power. Then I checked the breakers.
Then I checked the fuses. To no avail we were still useing battery. After and hour , I found the problem .
My 30 amp plug was not making a good connection although it was plugged in all the way.
So a rummaged around and found an extention ,and plugged it in and whala shore power.
I just thought I would let some new heartland owners know that even though a plug might be pushed all the way in . It might not be making a good connection. Its good to do a shake down close to home .
MtKId

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Good catch. I installed a 30amp outlet in my garage so I could do a systems check everytime before we go on a trip. It's pretty easy to do by yourself (there are some good instructions on the Internet - I'll try to find the site that gave excellent step by step instructions and pictures and post later). If you're not comfortable working with electricity, it's not too expensive to get an electrician to do it. It is critical that the red/black/white wires are hooked up correctly to the outlet and the breaker box.

montanakid2

Thank you , I aprreciate it . I have no problem with electricity. But being in maintenance I have a lot of electrician friends.
That is the best idea I have heard today . With a 30amp plug installed it will make life a lot simpler.If you find anything that might help , Its better to get it from people who have the right hook up. That is why I like this place . Thanks again for the help.

porthole

Retired
Campers World as well as others carry a RV outside box with receptacle, which makes the whole job a bit easier.