Bicycle rack location on 2011 Bighorn 3670RL

sdagro

Can someone tell me where the recommended location be for installing a bicycle rack on the back of "almost mine" 3670. Don't want to do anything that would void warranty to frame. also the best jack stabilizers to install without mod. Thanks in advance. Steve A. Dagro

jnbhobe

Re: Bicycle rack location on 2011 Bighorn3670RL

Steve; As I understand it the 2011 BH & LM have tabs welded to the frame from the factory for the hitch to mount a bike rack to. As far as stabilizers the best thing out there is JT Stabilizers. Not sure about the competitors, I have the JT's. JON

ihsolutions

I have the exact same coach. Mine has the brackets mounted to the frame for a hitch to be installed. I have not done so yet. I heard it voids the frame warranty!

For what it's worth, my rig has VERY little shake to it when set up. The front landing gear, being closer to the ground than my previous fiver which did not have a drop frame, is super sturdy. The rear stabilizers seem to do a better job than the scissor jacks, too. All in all, I have no need to add any kind of stabilizer. And that's with the two kids I take camping with me!!

SouthernRV

RV Dealership Owner

Hello, I will be picking up my new unit 2011 3670 in Elkhart Monday morning. I have not heard that the hitch installation voids the frame warranty. Can someone verify that this is true as I was planning on putting a hitch for accessories on the new unit. Also will be adding the 5500 Onan LP genset but my unit did not come with the genset prep kit.

SouthernRV

RV Dealership Owner

I guess I will put the 2 bikes on the ladder with a ladder rack until I have this verified in writing as I do not want to void my warranty. My post is delayed as it is my first and has to be approved. Go figure I sell other brands , but I buy Heartland products for myself- oops.

jnbhobe

It may not void the warranty on the 2011 models

TXBobcat

Fulltime

I don't know what pin box you have but if you have a TrailAir you might look at this method. If you have a slanted pin box you can make some adjustmnents.

Bike Rack on Pinbox There are a few more threads about this subject.

BC

caissiel

I would sugest not to use the ladder for support as it will fall of the ladder long before the frame on the trailer would break. I have had a bike rack on the back of my trailers for the past 17 years and never saw them shake or move. The ladder breaking will cause much more damage to the RV then any chance of breaking the frame. I towed a car on the back of my previous trailer and never had any frame issues.

Bike racks have been on the back of trailers for the past 30 years and surely trailers are not build that much weaker now or I am trading mine for a 80's model.

jbeletti

If your Heartland has the brackets on the frame for the receiver hitch that we offer as an option, I would not think it would void the warranty to order that receiver hitch now and bolt it in place.

Just contact your dealer or Heartland Customer Service to order the receiver hitch that will bolt up to those brackets. Bear in mind, this is a 1-1/4" receiver. We will not offer the 2" receiver. Reason being is that as a manufacturer, we cannot control what an owner does with the hitch. Some will tow with it, some will overload it. By supplying a 1-1/4" only option, what is done with it is more controllable.

This all said, many customers hire out to a shop to design, fabricate and install 2" receivers. Even dual 2" receivers. Many have had success with this path. Just know that Heartland and our frame supplier, Lippert, cannot condone it and can void the frame warranty because of it.

Jim

jnbhobe

Just for some information, I have double 2" recievers on my Bighorn for the rear rack I carry the generator on. Lipperit has seen it there when they replaced my springs and said nothing about it. It is a professional installation. Jon

sdagro

If your Heartland has the brackets on the frame for the receiver hitch that we offer as an option, I would not think it would void the warranty to order that receiver hitch now and bolt it in place.

Just contact your dealer or Heartland Customer Service to order the receiver hitch that will bolt up to those brackets. Bear in mind, this is a 1-1/4" receiver. We will not offer the 2" receiver. Reason being is that as a manufacturer, we cannot control what an owner does with the hitch. Some will tow with it, some will overload it. By supplying a 1-1/4" only option, what is done with it is more controllable.

This all said, many customers hire out to a shop to design, fabricate and install 2" receivers. Even dual 2" receivers. Many have had success with this path. Just know that Heartland and our frame supplier, Lippert, cannot condone it and can void the frame warranty because of it.

Jim
For the life of me I cannot figure out these companies some time. Heartland told me on the phone to go to CW and get a receiver. They sent me an email and gave me the direct line to Lippert. Lippert has been researching all day for answers to my request as well as from my dealer with no reply. Can you check this out for me and see what you come up with. Took delivery yesterday...,. WHAT A BEAUTY AND ALSO A BEAST!!!!

DCCC

How about a rear receiver mount for the 2007 3055RL I guess it would be the same. Any ideas out there? My wife and I are new members to the forum. Thanks, Duane.

jimtoo

Hi DCCC,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help and share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure your 07 Bighorn 3055 will not have the brackets needed for the installation of a factory hitch. I have an 08 and they did not start untill,,,, I think,,, 2011 models.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M