2010 Half time convection oven vs 2011 gas oven on North Trail

bar20

In 2010 you installed a 1/2 time convection oven. The 2011 models have a regular gas oven. Why did you switch?

M

Mcreech

The main reason we switch was because retail customers didn't understand the 1/2 convection and people were actually buying my competitor because of the oven, even though the 1/2 time convection might be the best set up in the industry......

bar20

Can you run the 2010 1/2 time off the battery? I assume it doesn't run off of propane like the gas oven does. The reason I ask is, there are still some 2010 units still on the dealers lots and it sounds like the 1/2 is better. Does that have a microwave option on the unit?

Steve

irvin56

1/2 time convection oven is, microwave, oven and convection all in one. WE LOVE ours. but we always have 30 amp power hookup.

You have to be hooked up to shore power 110. or it does nothing.

If you boondock you need a generator to run the oven. Some have said they are the only thing they don't use in unit BECAUSE they boondock and no generator

chrispitude

Maybe I should.

Can anyone else confirm that if there's no 110V power, then the Halftime does not function even as a normal oven? If we have no propane oven functionality to cook with when we're boondocking, then my wife won't have it.

- Chris

jimtoo

The halftime oven requires 110-120v to operate. It is a micro wave combination. Again, it must have 110-120v to operate.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What's that thing under the stove? Looks like a conventional propane-fired oven to me.

M

Mcreech

Make sure you are looking at a 2010 model.......The Half time has 3 large cook top burners with big grates and below is a micro wave looking / and opening appliance (opens sideways).......If the appliance you are looking at, looks like a gas oven where the lid opens downwards versus sideways.......Then its probably a 2011..........

bar20

The 2010 has the half time convection oven/ microwave combination unit. It runs on 110v. Above that is a 3 burner stove that runs on propane. It has no oven that runs on propane. The 2011 models have a propane oven and a three burner propane stove. Above the stove is a microwave oven that runs on 110v. There is no convection oven on the 2011 models. I think the 3 burner stove on the 2010 model is of a better quality than than the 2011 model. I just purchased a new 2010 model and looked at both years models. That was my observation. We usually BBQ outside and normally stay at campgrounds that have power.

NSNorthtrail

Although i initially had problems with my 1/2 time oven (must mention the Apollo people and my Dealer LJ Patterson Sales New Brunswick, Canada were excellent in getting me fixed up!) I could not imagine going back to a gas oven. The 1/2 time oven is an amazing product! It cooks things to perfection in literally 1/2 the time. Having said that, we ALWAYS camp where there are hook ups. Never boondock camp!!