Landmark Blinds

Wharton

What size blinds are in the Landmark? 1", 2"??? Do they fit under the valences?

I want to change out some of the day/night shades in our BH 3670 to blinds and need to know what size blinds are used. It looks like the 2" will fit, just want to make sure. If I have a problem we can remove the valences but would prefer not to.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We replaced 4 of the day/night shades with wood blinds. We used 1" wood on the windows in the slide outs and 1-3/8 wood on the rear window. 2" blinds MAY fit but I wanted to be sure there would be no issues with clearance. Especially because ours were special order.

Attachments

• Rear Window Blinds.jpg
    Rear Window Blinds.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Loveseat Blinds 2.jpg
    Loveseat Blinds 2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Dinette Blinds.jpg
    Dinette Blinds.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 30

cjbearden

Visitor
We recently replaced our day/night shades with Prism Honeycomb Shades 3/8" Double Cell Shades in Coffee color. We love them. Miss Lady Kitty is not too happy - no more licking.:confused:

Blind Illusions in Benton, AR ordered the blinds for us and did the total installation. After seeing what was required to do the install, we were so thankful for their expertise and patience. Took about 2.5 weeks to get the blinds once ordered. Install of 7 blinds took about 3 hours because all tops and sides had to be removed, shades installed, then tops and sides replaced. Shades are balanced with pull string on right side (hidden by the side treatment).

These blinds work great to reduce the sun's heat. No kickback for the advertisement!

C.J.

Attachments

• 002..jpg
    002..jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 005..JPG
    005..JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 003..JPG
    003..JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 004..JPG
    004..JPG
    121 KB · Views: 32
  • 001..jpg
    001..jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 30

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We also replaced our Day/Night shades with 2" Rosewood Blinds from GT Blinds in McAllen TX.
We replaced all three 50" shades, and four 21" shades on the sides of the slide outs and the one over the kitchen sink area.

They did a good job. I did watch when they were installed and asked them to make some adjustments in remounting the valance's.
I had the bottom string on one of the 21" blinds break. It was a bit tight against the Valance. Called the company and they replaced it. All I had to do is send it to them. No charge to me other charge to me.

I am very happy with their work. I would recommend them if you are in the RGV.

The valance can be a little hard to remove and install but it was do able when replacing the blind with the broken string.

Wharton

Thanks for all this wonderful input. With this info I will now continue on my quest for blinds for a few of the windows. We really don't like the day/night shades very much.

cjbearden

Visitor
One bit of information offered by our installer - travel with shades in up position! Day/night shades with white tension holders tend to tighten when in down position to travel. We do not have tension holder now but he strongly recommended "up" position for travel.

The installer also stated that using a washer behind the tension holder might prevent a lot of the broken strings experienced with day/night shades.