Firecrackers

jbeletti

I had this savory, slightly spicy snack this week at the Houston rally. They were made by Ornell Sims (osims). Loved it!

Firecrackers

INGREDIENTS

• 2 9-ounce packages oyster crackers
  • 1 package powdered ranch dressing mix
  • 1-1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3 tablespoons red pepper flake (to taste)
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
STEPS

1. Mix oil, dressing mix, pepper flake and garlic powder in a bowl
  2. Add crackers to gallon zip-lok bag and add dressing mixture
  3. Remove most of the air from the back, zip closed, then gently turn bag to coat crackers
  4. Flip bag over once an hour for the next 24 hours

Enjoy!

Recipe by Stella Coffman, given to me by Ornell Sims - April 2010 - Houston Rally

Last edited:

RollingHome

Thanks a lot Jim... Patti has me on a diet. You post this at 11:40 PM PA time she's in bed and I'm heading for the frig... I was doing so well until you wrecked it :)

jbeletti

Sorry Tom but I had to do it - they were that good!

And I am laying here in my hotel room feeling like a stuffed turkey after tonight's potluck. Yummy in itself and capped with peanut butter pie, banana pudding with bananas and cake in it, other pies etc - oh my!

Life it good.

Jim

RollingHome

You just wait... Someday, Somehow... I'm gonnna get even... don't think for one minute I missed the underhanded peanut butter pie trick... Pay backs are a female dog...

jimtoo

Yep,, good time,,, good eats. I think Jim B and everyone went off their diets tonight. Carol (Terry H's better half) made the peanut butter pie and it was super good. Made the wife get seconds on her plate for me....that way she got it,,,, not me..:D

Jim M

RollingHome

Jim Too, comon already... You said You'd be my mentor - we're both Irish even !... now ya went and gone to the dark side with Jim B... what's up ? I had such high regard for you... don't ruin it. Seriously, I really am hungry after you 2 demented individuals bring out this stuff at late Yankee time, I thought more of ya. I really am going to try the recipe because it sounds a little hot and a little like me... Think maybe I'll sign off before I eat too much more and totally pig out, Thanks to you 2

Lilywhite

This recipe is amazing but addictive. I have also made it using pretzel sticks instead of the crackers which makes it a little lighter in calories but just as yummy.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I like the original recipe, using Premium Saltine crackers. The oyster crackers are good too.

I'll start that diet....tomorrow, yeah, thats it, tomorrow.....

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I like the original recipe, using Premium Saltine crackers. The oyster crackers are good too.

I'll start that diet....tomorrow, yeah, thats it, tomorrow.....

Jay,

The only problem is that tomorrow never comes!

todalake

I had this savory, slightly spicy snack this week at the Houston rally. They were made by Ornell Sims (osims). Loved it!

4. Flip bag over once an hour for the next 24 hours

Are you sure of last instruction??

Last edited by a moderator: