RV Sleep Number Mattress

jcochran

I own a 2009 Bighorn 3055 RL with a King size bed forward. The OEM mattress is killing my back and I think I wasnt to get a sleep number bed. My bed measures 70X80 and I have not been able to fine a sleep number bed in that size.. Has anyone replace their mattress with a Sleep Number Bed and is it worth the money. If so which size fits well? Any suggestions?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We replaced ours with the King sleep number bed from Camping World. It measures 72 X 80 and there were no problems at all. GREAT BED TOO !!!

bighorn3370

I have the Sleep Number in the stick house. It is very nice. It is the closest thing I can get to my old waterbed, which I very much miss. I have thought about it for the BH. My back hurts with that cheap bed they give us. It is something that I will get down the road, but for now all I can do is get a foam topper. You can order them online or at the Sleep Number store. I would also check out Camping World. I think they all had about the same price. I hope this information helps you out.

jcochran

Thanks for the info. They are really expensive but seems like well worth it from everyone I talk to. I appreciate the advice.

The memory foam topper is a great cost effective alternative to the sleep number bed. We have one for our Sundance and one for home, I don't know if I'd be comfortable without one now!

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
We just added a 2in. memory foam topper, and it has made a big difference. Bought it from Overstock.com. It's a Sealy California king 2" topper for about $75.

dennis2188

We added a 4 inch memory foam topper that we bought from wal-mart. My DW has hip problems and says this was the best investment we could have made for our trailer. Now I am trying to find one for our stick house.

fljlcw

We went with sleepnumber bed from CW king size dual control and put 4in.memory foam on top best investment we ever made