Installed Oxygenics shower head!!!!!

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Well I installed the Oxygenics shower head last week, and got to try it out this morning. WOW big difference in pressure. We are both happy with the pressure. Hit a home run with this mod, well worth it.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
I guess I should add one problem I had with the install. I bought a shut off valve and installed it at the faucet end of the hose. Turned water on and had water shooting out of the connection between the shower hose connector and the hose flange. Everything was tight, but what I found was that the shutoff valve male end to which the shower hose connected, was not long enough for the hoses washer to seat, which caused water to squirt out between the screw connector of the hose and the hose flange. Removed the shutoff vavle and connected the hose directly to the faucet, and all was well. I guess I go back to Home Depot and see if the have a different shutoff vavle. I used the same shutoff valve on my shower at the hose without any problems.

jimtoo

I think if you will check, you got 2 rubber washers with the hose. You need to use both of them in some places to make it seal.

lhetsler

I have heard so many of you rave about this shower head and tired of my wife compaining about not being able to rinse, so I ordered one and will install before we our 5 week Colorado trip.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I bought one for the camper but decided to give it a try in my bunk house at the farm first. Well that cost me the price of another one for the bunk house. The water pressure feels so much stronger and I can't wait to see how it improves the BH.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Great to see this post since we were just looking at these last week. since I haven't even used my new rig yet I will wait until afterwards (this weekend) and maybe make the switch

They are a grat add on. Besides the pressure being much better, they also save you water. I know it doesnt matter if you have full hookups, but if you are dry camping or just water and electric, that is a big deal. We have had ours for a couple of years and when we bought the bighorn the first thing we did was change the shower head.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'll be the naysayer on the Oxygenics shower head. Although it does provide a nice spray, it is too heavy for the mounting rod in the shower stall. At least it was in mine. It kept sliding down and then pointing at the floor. So I swapped it with an older flow restricting head I had at the house. It's lighter and works good in the RV. I put the Oxygenics in the shower stall at home, and it still droops until you turn on the water. The holder that came with it broke after two months, the nut cracked in half. Fortunately, I still had the one from the old shower head, so now that's holding it up there. The on/off "ferrule" at the base of it is useless if your hands are soapy.

I know this is like saying your baby is ugly, but that's the way I see it.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Jimtoo I used one washer on each end of the hose. Do I not need the one at the shower head end? Or maybe I just buy another washer, it would make it simpler to shut off the water.

(on edit) Maybe to original shower head has a washer I can use. would save a trip to town.

I have not had the shower head slide down yet, But If I recall reading here somewhere there is a way to tighten the holder so it won't slide down as easily.

jimtoo

Steve,,, now you got me thinking,,,, bad thing to do... but, I thought I had to use 2 washers on one end because of difference in length of connectors. I do know that I just recently put a new shower head in neighbors house and it came with a extra washer that was thicker to be used if needed.