landing gear

When I put my front jacks down they make a clicking noise, also the drive motor seems lose? I didn,t see any where to tighten it. If anyone can help I,d appreciate any help I can get. Thanks Jim Thomas:confused:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jim, did you check the bolts and nuts on the cross-shaft?? I thought the motor bolted on? Bob

jdfishing

My Bighorn 3055 has the same issues. The motor seems loose as you can wiggle it, even after checking to make sure the bolts are tight. Dealer tore mine apart and could find nothing wrong. Ref. the clicking, check the bolt on the cross shaft, motor side, as it is turning. Clearance between the bolt and motor is real tight on mine.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I will add my two cents here. I recently had some issues with the front landing gear. The motor and gear box are bolted together as one unit. This assembly is not bolted to anything, but it does get held in place on the landing gear shaft by a collar. There are some small tabs on the gear box that sit on each side of the leg.
I agree with the others about checking the nut and bolt on the cross shaft.
The "clicking" might also be the clutch slipping. There is a clutch built into the motor. This was my problem. It also clicked when I raised my coach, then stopped working all together. My fix was to get a kit from Venture Mfg, which added a second motor to the other leg. Overall, I like it. A little faster and no effort to raise the coach. HERE is the link my install.
Let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
When I put my front jacks down they make a clicking noise, also the drive motor seems lose? I didn,t see any where to tighten it. If anyone can help I,d appreciate any help I can get. Thanks Jim Thomas:confused:

FWIW...on every fiver that I have had the landing gear motor kind of "wiggles" when operating. So do most of the motors on friends rigs. Not saying it's right but it sure is common!