Elkhart Indiana

robnmo

We lived in Northern Indiana for 3 yrs but that's been 30 yrs ago, and it looks like we're going to be taking our Cyclone back to the factory for some repairs. Any good ideas on campgrounds close to the factory other than the state parks like Chain o lakes, Dunes, etc?

cswarts

Thanks for the information. As I need to take my Big Country to the factory too. I will be looking at these places to see where we can go.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have been staying at the Elkhart campground. It's not far to the factory and it's not a bad place.

robnmo

Well we came up today, we landed in Twin Mills Resort @ Howe, In on SR 120. It's 30 mile East of the factory, but it's really nice, (been out walking the grounds since we got here), cost us 23.00 for full hookup w/30amp very nice place.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Almost everyone I know have been staying at Elkhart Campground. That is my favorite. You will likely meet some Heartland owners there one time or the other..

Home away from home...

BC

porthole

Retired
Well we came up today, we landed in Twin Mills Resort @ Howe, In on SR 120. It's 30 mile East of the factory, but it's really nice, (been out walking the grounds since we got here), cost us 23.00 for full hookup w/map very nice place.

Wow $23 for a full hookup - boy does New Jersey need to look at the rest of the country

robnmo

Wow $23 for a full hookup - boy does New Jersey need to look at the rest of the country

I was in Parlin (Old Bridge) about 6 wks ago (drive in the night of your wind/hurricane storm), $2.50 for a loaf of bread and the killer was $25.00 for a case of Coors lite????????????? if it wasn't for Burger King 2 for 1 deals and the free breakfast at our motel, I probably would've starved to death and dehydrated. ;)
Twas a neat place though. ;)

cswarts

Well we went to Elkhart to get our RV fixed and stayed in the Elkhart Campground. Little on the old side and the water was rusty but it was not bad for being only about 3 miles from the factory. We had such a great time there and was able to get most of the work done as David did a great job helping us. I missed out on the factory tour but I will get it the next time I go back but I will not be staying at Elkhart Campground again there seemed to be some nicer ones in the area. Thanks for all the help.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Actually Elkhart campground is one of the better campgrounds. We have stayed there many times and never found any problem with the water being rusty. They are holding a rally there this week and it mght be difficult to get a site. I wish the campground we left and the one we are in was as good as Bob's.

Sorry to disagree with you but we like Elkhart Campground.

BC

Leno

We are currently at the Elkhart Campground. We have been here a few weeks and we are having a bad time with rusty water. It is leaving a stain in the toilet and having to throw out ice. Other than that, we are enjoying it here. Very handy to everything.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We stayed at the Elkhart Campground in April and they were changing out some water lines at that time. Not a bad place to stay and very close to the factory.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We were at Elkhart Campground a week ago and it was fine. We had no water problems. Have stayed there many times before and found it to be an alright and convenient place to stay.