Seal Deployment

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I am having trouble with my seals on the slideout of my 28BHS not deploying, both when I open and close it. I read on the forum that there is a plastic strip that attaches to the side of the slideout. It catches and turn the seals. I usually have to get on the ladder and run my hand between the seals and the T.T. to turn them in or out. I called Heartland last week (Tuesday) and left a message in the parts department, but I have not heard back. I was wandering if anyone knows a part # or who I should contact to purchase these.

Thanks for the help.
Jamie

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What some have done is to use automotive trim pieces (with pressure-sensitive tape) from an auto parts store, particularly on the top of the slide. I haven't gotten around to doing that, but last season, I used an extra awning rod from our previous TT to slip under the outer seals and flex them outward once I set up. Did have to get on a ladder to do the tops, though, since the slide toppers covered them.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I dont think that the strips your refering to are a HL part. Someone on the forum installed them. They used body side molding from an auto parts store.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I found this on the Heartland North Trail Forum. It sound like it is a factory installed part. One on each side and three on the top.

100_3973%20%28Small%29.JPG

Thanks
Jamie