Satalite Radio

Iver

Want the ability to receive satalite radio. Don't want to talk with a dealer because I am not sure the info will be honest. What equipment do I need? What system is highly recommended (have no interest in the likes of Howard Stern but would like to listen to Rush when I want) ?
Any input?

mdvctry

Go to xmradio.com to view compatible systems. You can plug the radio into your TH stereo systems to play it through your speakers and you can use it in your TV and play it through your car speakers when you're on the road. If you have an iPod or iTouch you can get a subscription and docking station for use with the iPod/iTouch. This works pretty good. Best buy and other stores sale them. Its best to get one with an external antenna if you do not have direct line of site to the sky.

wdk450

I have frequently used my "MyFi XM Satellite Radio" as an all night sleep sound source using the external antenna on a bedroom window shelf, with the indoor docking station and AC adapter plus a IPOD type battery speaker system. I have gotten an OK signal. You can run the small antenna coax out a window with the screen nearly shut to the antenna on the ground nearby, too. I also have a docking station and antenna in my truck, and a pair of headphones with a built-in satellite antenna for my exercise walks (on the internal rechargable battery).
60's music will push your walking pace, and Old radio shows and the Audiobook channel are great driving boredom breakers.

Iver

Got and installed an XM radio. It is absolutely great. Got help installing so the total cost was about $100. Was totally remote this past weekend and had my favorite music on the whole time. Got it thru the recommended site mentioned above ... xmradio.com.
This site is amazing. Thanks for the help.

rvn4fun

We have Sirius, guess they are combined with XM now, love it. In our northern country, if you aren't into new country and endless commercials. Then sattelite is the only wat to go.

CPE

I just put Sirius in my 2010 Sundance. Antenna is mouted on top of vent pipe cap for rear tank; wire routed down inside the vent pipe and removed behind tv shelf from 3/8" hole drilled in vent away above water level and sealed with polyurethane caulk. Bought home base from on line store and installed 12 to 5 volt cig lighter power supply in wall also. Use same radio unit home (2 locations), car, truck, farm tractor,and trailer.
Audio plugs into jacks for Jensen audio unit. (tv stand in L.R. area). Bases and power supplies and antennas are available lots of places on internet.

ralphpam

We have sirius radio and I just installed the antenna to the inside top of the home theater cabinet and it works great with no drilling to the outside.