Why my posts don't show up in "What's New?"

beardedone

Beardedone
On a couple of occasions now I have posted questions in their respective category and they never show up under What's New. Tonight I posted a plumbing question in the Landmark forum and it has disappeared. That makes it close to useless because a lot of people will just look at the "What's New" category and then move on if there is nothing that interests them. Could someone explain why to me.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Your posts will not show up in the What's New section until someone else responds to them. To see it, go to the Active Posts tab and click on "Last Day."

jimtoo

Your posts will not show up in the What's New section until someone else responds to them. To see it, go to the Active Posts tab and click on "Last Day."

John is correct about you not seeing the post when you open the What's New area... you posted it... you saw it... so it is no longer new to you. But it is new to anyone that has not visited since you made the post.

You posted it first at 9:16,,, then you made another post to a reply on the same thread at 10:23. So you knew it was there and now you make this post about it not being there. I don't understand what your asking I guess when you have replied to the original post you made.

This is link to your original post in case you are having problem finding it.

Jim M

beardedone

Beardedone
Thanks Jim
I appreciate the info but when I went to ask the 2nd part of my original question I first went the What's New area and it wasn't there, so I went to the specific posting category that I used to originate it. I found it there and added the 2nd question. So as I hear it, What's New may not be new to me but new to others.

thanks,

Gerry

Dave012

Thanks Jim
So as I hear it, What's New may not be new to me but new to others.

I think about it a bit different than that.

If you click on What's New or Active Topics/Since Last Visit it exclused posts you have previously viewed (including posted) and for which there are no new posts. So if you viewed it, or posted it you won't see it under What's New until someone else posts to that thread.

Its a nice feature in that you don't see threads that you have already viewed and for which there is nothing new. Save's time when scanning the Forum.

If you want to see everything, then you can choose Active Topics, Last Day or one of the other time periods to see all of the posts, including those that haven't changed since you viewed them.

Took me a while to figure it out as I was following a couple of threads, and couldn't see them, but it was because there were no new posts.

Take care,
Dave