???Best way to I10 from I40???

LilGTO71

After looking at several "paper" maps and GPS, I'm still wondering what is the best route to connect to I10 from I40. Been on 95 once before and hated it. Any thoughts???? Heading to Houston in May from Central California.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, just where in Central Calif. are you. If you are close to Bakersfield, then take the 58 to the I-15 north to the I-40 east.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We did basically the same thing in reverse. We took CA-95. South on 95 from Needles down to Blythe. It's really not a bad road. No traffic to speak of and the shortest of any other connection east of that point.

Bighurt

After looking at several "paper" maps and GPS, I'm still wondering what is the best route to connect to I10 from I40. Been on 95 once before and hated it. Any thoughts???? Heading to Houston in May from Central California.

I don't know where you are starting but why not just cut down I-15 and go through San Bernardino, Cajon is nice going down and I-10 isn't bad from the I-15 east. I'm assuming your taking the 58 to Barstow, I'd hang a right at Kramer junction and cut down to Hesperia on ole 395, cut through Cajon and east on I-10. I've never been a fan of 95 myself and haven't been farther south than Colorado springs on I-25.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We did basically the same thing in reverse. We took CA-95. South on 95 from Needles down to Blythe. It's really not a bad road. No traffic to speak of and the shortest of any other connection east of that point.

Oops! I must have missed the part where the OP mentioned he hated 95. I admit it's not the most scenic road around but it certainly didn't beat us to death like some of our nations "Superhighways" and Interstates.