Keys

Wharton

We would like to get 2 extra sets of keys for our trailer. We went to ACE and they don't carry the blanks. Do you need to go to Heartland?

We only have mobile locksmiths where we live so we are kind of lost as to what to do.

Thanks

DXprowler

Your dealer will have them or any Heartland dealer. If those options are too far away then phone Heartland customer service and have them shipped out. The keys are numbered so it's easy to get duplicates.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
I had a locksmith make them. He had the blanks and was cheaper to have him make them than what the dealer wanted for just the blank.

Wharton

We don't have any locksmiths around. I think they are a dying breed. We'll wait until we are on the road and try to find one then.

Thanks

Wharton

Our Walmart doesn't do keys. I am fed up with our Walmart. They refurbished and reorganized. Besides not being able to find anything they have really reduced their "basic" items. In my mind they are upscaling, more in line with Target.

I tried HD and Lowes and they don't have the blanks.

Thanks anyway................

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Why don't you get them from Heartland Parts and use your 10% owners club discount?

Wharton

Someone suggested that a while ago, I am waiting to see if we need to order anything else from Heartland to save on shipping.

Thanks

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
If you have a SOB dealer close go there for the blanks, they are all basically the same type of lock. Then you can go to Home Depot , Lowes or about any hardware store and get them cut.....Kenny

ct0218

My local town has a population of 10K, and both our locksmiths and Ace Hardware carries the blanks. Should be easy to find, and since both sides are cut they charge a little more.

Wharton

You are lucky. Where we lived before we had locksmiths and really miss them. This town only has the mobile locksmiths and that is a real pest. We checked with Ace and they didn't have the blank but each Ace is independently owned so that would be different.

I need to call Heartland for a few odds and ends and will get some blanks from them. Just waiting for the odds and ends list to be completed.

Thanks anyway.