Pre inspection before the inspection.

ChopperBill

Wow! What a difference Heartland has done in the last few years! Some things I was worrying about did not come to being. The bottom of the slides are done in a solid heavy black plastic material. No de-lamination is going to happen there. Every thing seemed to be put together a lot better than our older unit from the roof to the covering on the bottom. NO rust on the frame and it all looked very well painted. Time will tell but Heartland sent it out in excellent condition. Did not get to check the 110 v items because it was not hooked up to electricity. No water so I did not check anything related to that. Will do Friday. Aside from a couple of minor scuffs from transportation every thing worked and looked GREAT! The dealer did no pre delivery so it should look even better when we go back. They have to add my Goodyear tires and the Toy lock (it was called in after the initial order) that they didn't get put on. I sure felt good after my pre-inspection inspection! If all goes as good Friday as it did today its going to be a great time!

Pizzaguy

Glad to hear your new 3610 arrived. I'm sure you will love it as we do ours. I was also very happy with the quality when our unit showed up.We have not found any problems yet that were not VERY minor.Do be sure to check kitchen sink strainers though. When my parents bought their '10 3600RL they had a leak from the nut not being tight under the sink. I checked ours before using it and ours was not even finger tight either. I am also going to remove the Lippert Sewer Boom tomorrow. I think there needs to be more work on the design of that to work correctly.We have been using it so far, but it only holds a 10' hose and doesn't allow the tanks to drain very well either.The hydraulic jacks, keyeless entry, and new lighting are great improvements for 2011. Enjoy the new unit!

ihsolutions

Pizzaguy, I have the lippert sewer boom on mine and I'll agree, it's not perfect, but I have to say I love that I can do the whole operation with one hand (hence, one glove). I was able to fit a 20' hose in mine, but there's not room for anything longer. It seems like it was made with 20' sewer hose in mind.

Ditto on the hydraulic landing gear. It was the main reason I chose Big Horn. I'll never go back to an electric system.

Pizzaguy

I was just barely able to fit a 10' Rhinoflex hose in mine. I think the problem with the poor ability to drain is because from where the hose connects to the drain it drops very little and then goes back up where it goes thru the hard plastic pipe.Combine that with a couple sharp curves when you have the boom swung out as the dump end had to go all the way to the back of the trailer and it was very slow.If it would go out of the drain and then steadily lower toward the dump it would work much better.I guess I'll just have to go back to 2 gloves.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Good to hear that you see positive improvements. I think you'll be very pleased chopper, I know I was when we upgraded a couple of years ago. You have the laminated floors and roof system. Hydraulic landing gear is awesome. Please keep us up to date with your findings.

Mark