Hot Water Heater Drain Value size

Dogs-Life

Last week I tried to remove the hex nut from the hot water heater to drain the tank, but could not get it off with a channel locks. I plan to buy a socket wench to get better leverage on it. Can you tell me what size the hex nut is on a heater for a 2900 RK Sundance. I tried to measure the nut, but came up with a measurement of 1 1/16 inches across the flat or 1 1/4 across the corners. Is this a metric nut? Also, is there an anode rod attached to the nut. I only see one opening on the tank, but I'm not sure whether or not there is an anode rod in the heater. If there is not an rod attached I would like to buy a brass value to avoid having to remove the nut for draining.

Thanks for the help.

Dogs-Life

Thanks! According to my measure that is what it looked like, but I thought the sockets would only come in 1/8 '' increments. Thanks for setting me straight. :)

BigBlue

BigBlue
You should be able to find a socket that fits. I also picked up a breaker bar at Harbor Freight. It comes in handy because the plug can get pretty tight.

Dogs-Life,
Please excuse the interruption, I have a curious question for Big Blue!!! :)

Big Blue,
I have been seeing your posts for the last few months. I am new here so that is why I have to ask this!!! Why if you have a Monticello do you show a Montana hooked to your truck in you signature pictures??? If I was a cat, I would probably be dead from curiosity!!! *L* :D

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Still no time?

BigBlue said:
I had a Montana that I traded in for our Landmark. I just haven't taken the time to upload a new picture.
Hey Big Blue, It's been over a year now. C'mon buddy, let's get that new photo in there.:D :D :D