Anyone have any camping chair recommendations?

ChefAnton

I currently use some of those cheapy fold up and stuff in the bag chairs and they aren't very comfortable. I want to get some new ones that I can sit in for more then 20 minutes without my legs falling asleep. Does anyone have some chairs that they have and they like. Price isn't so much as issue if they are comfortable. They do need to fold up to store in the basement of my rv too.

Pizzaguy

We have 2 of the gravity recliners similar to the ones in the link by CRLYHDS and they are the most comfortable camping chairs I have had. We did find ours closer to the $40-$50 range in a sporting goods store.

robnmo

We picked up a couple Faulkner padded zero gravity chairs with the wood handles, only problem is keeping everyone else outta them. We paid 55.00 ea at a show, but they're pretty comfy.

2010augusta

I bought a set of the sporting goods brand gravity chairs for ~$50 and they lasted about 30 seconds before the cheap plastic molded arms cracked and fell apart. with those chair don't get the made in china S***, find a good set in US or European ones.

The pieces promptly got returned for a full refund

Pizzaguy

We have used ours for over 2 years with no problems.It does have the plastic handles but nothing has broken yet.

gasman

Camp Socializer
We purchased our chairs at Costco. I think they call them director chairs. They fold to about three inches thick. They have a fabric back and seat with a folding side tray. You sit up in them like a real chair not down in a hole. We paid about $30 each a few years ago.

RollingHome

ChefAnton, I hope I'm wrong on this and this is just my opinion. I'm convinced there are no good camping chairs or recliners. I purchased 2 Lafuma folding chairs with padded clothed bottom and back. I paid about $ 80.00 each. They were the cat's meow the first year. The second year they showed a little wear. The third year they had a fair amount of rust. The forth year they were an embarassment ! Patti & I do a fair amount of ocean camping so rust is a concern. Trying to find an aluminum frame has proven to be an impossibility. I would even settle for a quality powder coat finish... but it too is elusive. I would gladly pay the extra $ if I got the extra... but like many of todays dealings, it's easier to find a pair of chicken lips. Buy what you want because in a few years it will be junk. Unless of course, you only use them twice a year for 5 days each time :). If any of you folks use your stuff often (in full sun) and it last please share the brand, I won't curse you if it fails in 4 years. I believe Lafuma makes the gravity recliner. I haven't tried it and it may be different from my chairs. Tom

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have the gravity ones and director chairs. I just bought another one of those at Costco for $24. Mark likes the recliners, but those are hard on my back after awhile. I like the director chairs.
Kristy

GETnBYE

We had the big reclining ones at camping world, but I am so short I can't get in and out of them. They are great if you plan to sit still for a few hours or a nap. I recently got these
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/copper-canyon-folding-chair/47578 , and I love them. I have back problems and can't sit in the ones you mentioned either.
Good luck find the right chair. I like to keep a variety and change it up as to not get uncomfortable in the same chair all the time.
Nita

RollingHome

Guys, I have to confess.... I went to WalMart and I bought 2 of China's best "camping chairs" to replace my $ 80.00 Lafuma's for $ 25.00 ! Don't hate me.... Please. 5 billion Chinese are counting on my cheapness... Sorry :) Know what else, they are comfortable with cushion and other...and when they get ugly Mr. Trashman get's em.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We don't have a Zero Gravity chair nor a recliner. We do have this Coleman RV Chair. We went through a number of chairs until we found these. And for us Big Guys this one is good.

I would like the Zero Gravity but I don't want to take up the room in my basement. If everyone would go ahead and buy one I can come by and borrow it for an afternoon.. Let me give you a suggestion.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We bought two of the directors chairs at Sams club and like them a lot.

Draco Dog

We just purchased 2 camping chairs @ Camping World. One is a "Club Chair", paid $45 and I love it. I don't know how to describe it, but it is wonderful. The other chair is a "Wide Copper Rocker". paid $40 and hubby really likes it. We also paid $8 extra for each chair. This is for a 3-year contract. Both chairs are made by Camping World. And if there are any problems, they will replace the chair.

Check out the "Club Chair". It is very comfy. Good Luck.

jnbhobe

Good move with an extended warrenty, the wide coppers only lasted me a year, the material ripped on the tubes

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We have used our Cabelas gravity chairs for 3 yrs and love them. They have wood handles and have held up great. They have them on sale for $39 on a fairly regular basis.

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
2 zero gravity loungers and 2 Coleman chairs with the built in side table. Perfect.

Rick