Water coming from bottom of RV

tmcran

Not sure where to post this. We have been driving in rain off and on the last few days. I have noticed when we stop I have some water dripping from the black plumbing fixtures on the OD side. The leaking is right around the plumbing where it comes out the bottom. After a while it stops. I have gotten under the RV and pushed up on the black bottom covering and nothing runs out. I have sealed up the black bottom covering everywhere i can find and used expanding foam. No leaks in the RV and nothing comes out the DS.No water comes out around the black and gray water plumbimg if parked and its raining--only when moving.....:confused:.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Although I personally have not experienced it, some have reported (on the forum) rain water from the road when driving getting into the underside of the RV. When it does it will drain out when they stop. It will not take much of an opening for that to happen and if it does it could cause the insulation to become wet also. The only way to prevent it that I know of would be to not drive in the rain and/or be sure to seal any possible opening you can find. Hope this helps and good luck.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Does the Coroplast stick out at the front like an air scoop? Mine did when I did the PDI at the dealership. Didn't after we were finished. Fill the gap, if there is one, with expanding foam.

tmcran

Thanks guys. I have taped the front of the coroplast but it still get water in there . doesn't seem to be a great deal but any is to much. I'll try some expanding foam.

BruteForce

I just encountered this as well. For me, it turned out that the rear bathroom (in the toy hauler section) developed some sort of toilet leak. The seal between the floor and the toilet was allowing water to run through the floor and out along the middle axle's tire. I have yet to fix it, but turning off my water pump has temp. halted the leaking. My entire floor in the bathroom was saturated with water and from what I could tell, the water got up and under the sink and started to seep through the flooring and down through the bottom of the RV. Did it for a week before we discovered it. I hope no perm. damage to our new unit.

tmcran

Brute--sounds as if we have two different problems. I only notice the leaking when driving in the rain. No leaks at any other time. I sure hope you don't have any damage. I have re-taped the joints and put some expanding foam around the bottom. Will See how it goes.