Portable RV Garage, anyone using one?

svd

I am just about convinced that I need a portable RV garage to store the trailer during the winter, and summer when not in use. I have used trailer covers in the past, and have been unhappy with some of the damage they have caused, like rubbing off paint and clear coat.

This is our first new trailer, so we really want to take care of it. We are looking at a garage from Shelters of America like this one: http://www.sheltersofamerica.com/productdetails.php?productid=319&id=3

Does anyone have experience, good or bad?

SmokeyBare

SVD,

Before we were able to start full timing in our Fifth Wheel, we would store our 5'er at the local county fair grounds. They rent all different types of Storage. Our Fifth Wheel was stored inside. They charged by the foot. It was real reasonable for the winter and we could get it back out in early April. Just a different idea perhaps.

Smokey (Marv) Bare

tdharley

I have a Shelter king 30' garage.

I live on Long Island, New York. Exactly one year and one month after installing the garage, I noticed that along tyhr top were the tarp goes over the ridge, the fabric was shredding. I called the manufactuer and told them wnhat was happening. A few days later he called me back and said they coukld not warranty it but will give me a discount on a new cover. $ 495.00 plus shipping.

Needless to say I am not going to spend that kind of money every 13 months. I am going to see if I could get one more winter out of it since the shredding has not gotten any worse this summer. Then I think I am going to go for a more reliable system , probably the aluminum one. I do like the ease of backing in when not in use.

Before you ask YES I was religious about keeping the snow off the cover.