China tires

rbdeans

Hi All, first post-
The BH3610RE I am looking at has G rated tires but made in China. On other forums I've heard horror stories about tires out of China. So if this unit had China made tires I assume that it is a Heartland standard to put them on their coaches. My question is how have they done with you owners, or do you have American built tires.
Thanks for your input,
Bob

bigbird272

They are standard Bob. I blew two tires last year on another 5th wheel I had. Both were Goodyear Marathon. So so much for buy American. There is no doubt Goodyear are a better tire but the biggest problem with tires is heat caused by under inflation. So if they are rated for 110 cold then that is what should be in them. Also limit your speed. G rated tires are rated for 75 mph max. No one should be towing that fast. I replaced the blown Goodyears with Chinese tires and had no trouble getting back. I have since sold this other trailer. I will be taking a big trip this July so that will be the test of my tires. Although mine are G rated i will not be going faster than 60 - 62 mph or 100 kmh.

Rick

Wharton

We have found the G614-Goodyears(LT) tires work well. Never had a blow out after we switched to these years ago. Underinflation(most tire companies have inflation tables for the weight you are carrying) and age are the main cause of blowouts.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bob, I've moved your thread into the "Tires & Wheels" area of the forum. The tires on the majority of RV's sold come equipped with tires made in China. Even some Goodyear Marathons are made in China. A large number of Heartland owners have switched to Goodyear G614 trailer tires. A much heavier, more durable tire. If my memory serves me, ST tires are rated for 65 MPH. The key thing to remember is inflation and inspection. I ran Chinese made tires for 2 years without a problem until I discovered a bubble. It could have ended up a blowout. At that point I replaced all of my tires with G614's. Shop for the best deal.

ChopperBill

Here is a kick in the @$$! I ordered Goodyear 235/85/16G tires with ours as it is an option. They didnt get put on at the factory but they gave the dealer permission to get them locally. The dealer called me yesterday and the business that they get their tires from said there is no such a tire from Goodyear!! I said UH! A gazillion folk have put them on. I got to thinking well maybe I had the wrong info. Looked on the Goodyear web site and there they were plain as day! Called them back and they are going to look into it more and I may not have them on when we pick it up Friday if they have to order them. I will renege on my statement of not pulling it off the lot with Chinese tires and take it back when they come in. Its only 30-40 minutes away. I can buy extra insurance and pray extra before that short trip. ;)

Last edited:

Wharton

Those tires only come in "G" to the best of my knowledge..................Get the "G" for peace of mind.............They are really good tires............

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
I for one would not by underwear if it was made in China. NOTHING they make is worth the loss of jobs in America..................................just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!