Waiting On Our Big Country

Joel

Hi everyone. Looking forward to reading and learning about everyones experiences..

My wife & I have been rv'ing for several years and live in our 5th wheel approx 8 months of the year. We have just ordered (2 weeks ago) our first 5th wheel by Heartland. We chose the Big Country Model BC 3595RE. A little bit about the reason we went with Heartland:

We looked at one in Rockport Tex while we were wintering down there and loved it. We thought we'd think it over. Then we met a couple who was full timers in Boerne Tex who was gracious enough to walk us though their Big Horn and really sold us on Heartland.

Now we can't hardly wait on ours. It should be made the 2nd week in May. We have a trip planned the end of May to the west coast up through Idaho and back over to the Black Hills among other places. Can't wait to get started in our new rig.

Anyone else own a Big Country?

jimtoo

Hi Joel,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The waiting will be hard. But you can do it. Look the forum over and you will see mods made by other owners that you may want to do also.

Enjoy the forum and think about attending a rally in your area and joining the Heartland Owners Club.

Jim M

(Do you remember who you talked to in Boerne?)

Joel

(Do you remember who you talked to in Boerne?)

I sure don't but wish I did.. They gave us a Heartland owners club card but didn't have their name on it.. Thats how we got to your forum.. If their reading this, we were the ones on the row behind you in the sportsmen 3/slide 5th wheel.. Would like to stay in touch with them.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Congradulations on your new BC. We have loads of owners with the BC. You will have a lot of good times with yours. Do a very through PDI when you take delivery. Bob

Jim2...maybe it was some old guy that dress's like a bottle of tobasco. LOL

jimtoo

Congradulations on your new BC. We have loads of owners with the BC. You will have a lot of good times with yours. Do a very through PDI when you take delivery. Bob

Jim2...maybe it was some old guy that dress's like a bottle of tobasco. LOL

Nawww,,,, he would have remembered him and he always puts his name on the cards.... usually or most of the time..

SilverRhino

Welcome to the HeartLand family!

We purchased our Big Country last June and really love the layout and quality of the trailer. I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

As was previously mentioned...Make sure you have a thorough PDI upon delivery. In my experience as soon as they heard we were not new to RVing...the cutting of corners was attempted. Don't assume or let them assume anything.....check it all out very carefully, ask a lot of questions and make sure they go over every system.

Travel Safe!

GETnBYE

We do, we do!
We love our BC.

Congratulations on the new BC, you will love it.
HAPPY CAMPING.
Nita

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". We also have a Big Country and are starting our 4th season with it. Guess we really like it :) :) Enjoy and travel safely once you get it.

We have a 2010 2950rk-enjoy it and have lived in it for the last 8 months. Heartland warranty service is very responsive.

dynaguy

congrats on your new Big Country, we looked at the at Lakeshore Rv in Michigan where we purchased our new Cyclone this year. The big Country is a real nice 5th wheel!!

Congrats on your new Big Country. You will quickly come to really love the layout and quality of the Heartland BC. Like previously stated below, please place strong emphasis on the PDI when you go to pick it up. Make sure you have an open schedule and put the water on, electric on, fill the fresh water tank and check the entire unit over. When you leave the dealer, everything should be working as it should and you will enjoy many years of RVing with your new BC.

Good Luck to you!

gasman

Camp Socializer
We took delivery on our 2950RK in October. Unfortunately it was just in time to winterize it! We used it last weekend and it was awesome. We had a few very minor issues but nothing big. Our dealer has been fantastic to work with. So far I would definitely recommend Heartland to everyone.

Joel

Just heard that our rig is due to be built the week of May 24th. Was hoping to get it sooner as we have a trip planned to the west coast the 1st of June. Going to be close to having it in time.

Fingers crossed. lol

Charlie Harris

Joel, Not trying to rain on your parade, but build date and deliver date can be weeks apart. Hope you dont spend a lot of money on reservations. Delays Happen.

Joel

Joel, Not trying to rain on your parade, but build date and deliver date can be weeks apart. Hope you dont spend a lot of money on reservations. Delays Happen.

Got word yesterday their not going to have ours built until the 28th.. Bummer. We didn't have any reservations, so we may go ahead but just a little late.