Good year G614's tires

Bobby A

O.k, so we are heading back north, so I decided to stop at the local tire shop and get my tires balanced on our way out, we are heading to Lippert in Ocala Florida to get the 8K spring up grade and the c/p system installed. Anyway, the tech got right on it and took each tire off and put it on his balancer machine while I was right there, I figured it would be a short 45 minute deal before we hit I75 north bound for Ocala. It turns out that every tire on my 1 year old Big Horn was so badly out of round that they couldn't be balanced. I called Jim Fenner and he got me a # to the Goodyear hot line and I called and told my story and they opened a file/ case and gave me a #. Now after Lippert is done tomorrow I have to go to a Goodyear dealer another 60 miles up the road to get new tires hopefully under warranty. I have had this funny feeling all along about these tires, and even asked the factory guys one time while I was there and they did a visual and said everything looked fine. I welcome any comments, suggestions or help in regards to this issue I would be greatful.

To be continues

Bobby A

Where's the tire Thread now anyway ??

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't feel like the Lone Stranger, Bob. When I put GY's on my Chevy Avalanche a few years ago, the new tires about shook my filings out. Went round and round, and finally got a road force analysis done by my Chevy dealer (not where I got the new tires). They were out of round and unbalance-able, as molded. Took the report back to the place (Sears) where I got the tires, and they replaced them, no charge. The replacements were OK. Many shops that just balance tires are not equipped to do the road force testing. Visually, you could not tell there was anything wrong with them.

Bobby A

Thanks Alan, you can tell I don't negavate the forum very much.

Thanks for the encouraging words John, I'm hopeful to get some help by Goodyear. So is that what I should ask for if they give me grief ?? a Road Force analysis ?? as I stated on my post I new there was something wrong with the tires from the get go, I kept noticeing like this little rubber dust on the tires, and again, I even asked the factory about it one time. I guess the moral of the story is get your trailer tires balanced when the unit is new( I guess we should do that anyway) since they don't come balanced from the factory. I have already given Lippert enough of my money getting the c/p system, so I don't wanna have to shell out anymore money to Goodyear if I don't have to. Where does it end ?? I hope the buck stops hear !! NOW !!!

JohnDar

Bobby, here's a link that might give you more info. When I had the problem, I thought it was the vehicle, so I took it to the dealership. They did the road force analysis after finding they could not balance the tires to meet spec. or find anything wrong with the suspension. An auto dealership, you say? Yes, I've bought several vehicles from them over the last 15 years and still have not been "defiled" by them.

http://www.gsp9700.com/index.cfm

Bobby A

Bobby, here's a link that might give you more info. When I had the problem, I thought it was the vehicle, so I took it to the dealership. They did the road force analysis after finding they could not balance the tires to meet spec. or find anything wrong with the suspension. An auto dealership, you say? Yes, I've bought several vehicles from them over the last 15 years and still have not been "defiled" by them.

http://www.gsp9700.com/index.cfm

interesting link and demo video, thanks John, well if that is the case of my tires I hope this Goodyear place where I'm going has that equipment or hope they will find and take the tires to where that equipment is, I don't feel it should be my responsibility to find a place with that equipment to deem this tires defective, do you ?? And I wonder if that equipment is capable of doing such a large tire and center hole. I was told that all equipment is not capable of handleing such a big tire and center hole. So, if I understand this correctly, I would need a road force analysis test on the tires to deem these tires defective, correct ?? Thanks

Bobby A

continued,

I was refered to a HUGH Goodyear Fleet operations facility in gainsville Florida, they handle all kinds of big rig tires. Goodyear honored my claim and I got 4 new G614's mounted and balanced, had to pay a little something, but I am perfectly happy. I would like to thank Jim Fenner for making the calls for me and expediting my claim. I will start a Thread on Goodyear and this place in Gainsville, these guys and gals are a top notch operation.

JohnDar

Sweet! Maybe we'll see you in Michigan, if you head up to Indian River over the summer. Hope you're bringing lots of money, though, cuz there ain't none here.

Bobby A

Sweet! Maybe we'll see you in Michigan, if you head up to Indian River over the summer. Hope you're bringing lots of money, though, cuz there ain't none here.

John, why would I bring money to Indian River ( the boon docks ) ?? I bet there aint even a Walmart up there ?? (lol). Maybe we will see ya, are ya going to the Ludington Rally ?

JohnDar

John, why would I bring money to Indian River ( the boon docks ) ?? I bet there aint even a Walmart up there ?? (lol). Maybe we will see ya, are ya going to the Ludington Rally ?

You betcha there's a WalMart (in Cheboygan). We have our own reserved parking space there. When I said bring money, I meant there ain't any in the whole state. I don't think we'll make the Ludington rally, though.

Bobby A

You betcha there's a WalMart (in Cheboygan). We have our own reserved parking space there. When I said bring money, I meant there ain't any in the whole state. I don't think we'll make the Ludington rally, though.

Hi John,yea your right about the state of affairs in MI, I keep telling everybody keep buying those jap cars and the last one left in MI turn out the lights, if the power company hasn't turned them off by default. We are trying to juggle scheduleing issues to make the Ludington Rally