Opinions on Alcoa wheels?

ChopperBill

Dealer called with good news they got the G614's installed now the bad news. He said the installer scratched 3 of the wheels! He said the tire dealer would replace them with 4 new Alcoa wheels which he said was a better wheel or the would order me 3 new replacement wheels. I looked at the web site and they are 200 lbs less load capacity than the HWT standard wheels I am kind of wishy washy on this. I like the look of the wheels that are on it but have never seen the Alcoa in person. I had comments that "Alcoa's are awesome" The dealer service manager says they are a better wheel also. What say you guys?

Riverman

Ive never seen Alcoa wheel that size, but they are the top dog when it comes large truck wheels. I think you would do ok with them IMO

ChopperBill

On inspecting the Alcoa web site(is a little confusing) The wheel they showed me is a LT or SUV wheel. When you did deeper into the site I find trailer wheels and all they show is 17.5 wheels. Disclaimer said it may not fit all trailers. I am afraid of the offset. I had that problem on an SUV and they stuck out the fender. Was a mess.

Yianni

Take a look at tredit.com. They supply wheels to Heartland. You may be able to find your wheel specs including offset. I just ordered new wheels from them so I could run the G614's on my Cyclone.
All the offsets I saw were 0. Also check max load and psi rating.
I'd stick with factory stuff but I like mostly oem.
Good luck!