New BigHorn

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I guess after this afternoon we can consider ourselves real HeartLand members. We are picking up our new 3055RL BigHorn this afternoon and the excitement is building. We have been there earlier this week while they were doing their checks and added some to their list. The water tank didn't fall out when they filled it:), so far no leaks in plumbing. We will do our real PDI before bringing it home, seems the dealer knows of all the problems the Heartlands have had and stated here on the forum and checks these areas. It sure is a beautiful trailer,inside and out. The dealer and service people have been great to this point, hope it stays that way. Oh, one surprise we got was it has a wide screen LCD, HDTV, television on hinges so it can swing out to get to the back and is about 4" deep. This was a perk from the factory , for there sales and also got the pillow package we didn't order.
Thanks to all the posts and my questions answered for my decision making. May we all make this the best owner forum on the net.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Welcome to the "family" and congratulations on your new Bighorn. I hope you can make it to the Rally next year and show it off to the rest of us.

Mark

katkens

mrcomer said:
Welcome to the "family" and congratulations on your new Bighorn. I hope you can make it to the Rally next year and show it off to the rest of us.

Mark
If nothing comes up .were planning on the rally. We had a rally there with the other trailer and really enjoyed the fairgrounds and surrounding area. Someone keeps turning our clocks back and its taking away from our pick-up time:) .
Ken

jpmorgan37

Congratulations Kathy and Ken;
Don't rush the pick up and let the dealer do his prep. You have the rest of your life to enjoy it. Welcome to the "happy Heartland owners" forum.
John

katkens

jpmorgan37 said:
Congratulations Kathy and Ken;
Don't rush the pick up and let the dealer do his prep. You have the rest of your life to enjoy it. Welcome to the "happy Heartland owners" forum.
John
I know what you mean about not rushing the prep. They have had it since monday, had to wait on the time for hitch install. The list of checks I gave them are pretty much done or suppose to have been by today. Hope it all goes well on the final. The fit and finish looks very good, and will love the storage my TT didn't have.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on getting your new coach. We are waiting anxiously as well and hope we get a nice surprise as well. We are planning on the rally as well maybe we'll meet you and others there.../Doug

katkens

Well got our new toy home and no major problems. I didn't even run over any curbs on the way home and backed into the drive along side the house, like I knew what I was doing.;)
There was another 3055, that left just before us and two others earlier in the week. It's this dealers most sold BigHorn Model.
We go on our first trip thursday for seven days to check things out and do a little fishing.
Thought I would mention this trailer does not have any fresh water vent tank tubes hanging underneath.
HAPPY CAMPING!
Ken