What Model Year is it Really?

Walkerstv

At a February 2010 RV show I purchased a new Cyclone HD model 3010. I was excited to hear from both the dealer and the on-site Heartland Rep that the trailer was the new 2011 model and all paper work shows the model year as 2011. While cleaning the trailer after a week-long trip to the San Rafael Swell in central UT (very fun place to visit!) I noticed the model year on the manufacture sticker attached to the trailer says the model year is 2010. The manufacture date of the unit was late January 2010 and the VIN is 5SFCG3625BE215587.

Is the sticker correct (model year 2010) in which case the trailer was misrepresented during the sale or can I get a new sticker reflecting the correct model year (2011). I feel it is important to resolve this now so that when I trade-up to a new Heartland trailer there won't be any issues on what model year the trailer actually is...

Thanks for your help resolving this issue!

jimtoo

Hi Walkerstv,

The gov sets the VIN codes. 10th digit is year model. 10th digit is B, meaning it is a 2011. A = 2010, B=2011, C=2012, D=2013 and so on.

I would call the factory and tell them what you have and I'm sure they will send you the correct sticker.

Jim M

robnmo

I doubt they'll change the sticker, it "has" to reflect the actual manufacture date, as Jim says, it's the VIN that reflects the model year. Same with autos, if you look at a 2010 auto in Jan you'll find the sticker actually shows manufacture sometime between Aug 1, 2009 and Dec 31 2009 yet it's titled and classed AND TAXED as a 2010. Our Cyclone is the same, it was manufactured in Nov 2009 but it's classed (by the manufacturer and all paperwork reflects a 2011 according to the VIN code)