Twentynine Palms, CA to Las Vegas, NV

Clark

We are planning to travel to see the Joshua Tree NP and stay in Twentynine Palms, CA during the end of June then up to Las Vegas, NV. The TL Directory Campground Navigator (TLDCN) 2010 has us traveling north from Twentynine Palms over some non-numbered roads. Specifically from Twentynine Palms to:
Amboy Rd (about 50 miles) to
Kelbaker Rd (33 miles) to the
Kelso Cima Rd (19 miles) to
Morningstar Mine Rd (15 miles) to
Ivanpa Rd (3 miles) to
Nipton Rd (3 miles) to
I-15 into Las Vegas

Does anyone have knowledge of this route and can advise me if it is a good route for a BH3055 and a 35' motorhome to follow. I would sure appreciate any information you can provide. Thanks
Clark

branson4020

Icantre Member
Traveled pretty much that route from Palm Desert to Las Vegas last February. Very boring and completely uneventful.

sandman

HEY Clark hows things just wanted to say i live just down the road from 29 palms and the way to las vegas will be just fine for you rig. it isnt the pretties road but its not bad, a few rough spots but nothing to worry about but bring your sunsceen and a hat it could be really hot in june take care.

Clark

Marty, Bob, and Ray, thanks for the first hand information on that route. It takes a load off of my mind. We had stayed at Twentynine Palms in 2007 on another trip and found the area beautiful and very interesting. Amboy road near the town looked OK, but appreciate your assurances. Since we are from Pennsylvania the country out there is very striking to our eyes. I would rather have a boring drive than an "interesting" (i.e. exciting) drive while pulling my BH3055. I'll do "interesting" after disconnecting. ha Thanks again for the advice.
Clark