Satellite and antenna

We were in Waco, hooked up the satellite and since they did not have cable, put up the antenna. Everything worked fine. We moved to Texarkansas, set up the unit the same way and when the tv is set on antenna,or air, the satellite will not work. I have to switch the tv to cable in order for the satellite stations to work. I set the tv on 3 as usual but when it is on air, it goes to 3.1. Could this be the problem or what is the deal. Could use help since my wife is the one that sets up the electronics and she is gets really upset when things goes wrong with the tv setup.

Thanks,

Gary Phillips

Pizzaguy

Your tv is set to select digital channels. You need to select analog channel for your satellite to work.This will have your tv going to channel 3 instead of 3.1. Go into the setup menu of your tv again and be sure it is set to analog. Another way to set up your satellite to your tv if your sat. receiver is close to your tv is to use RCA pin style wires or a hdmi cable and just select the aux. input on your tv. This way when you move from place to place and rescan channels you will not have to worry about your satellite not working.