Whats The Best Satelite Finder System?

Joel

I have been considering using the Cube remotely when my Big Country comes in.

Do you think another is better or more reliable?

rjr6150

After using the old style dish and stand we purchased the 2000 last spring and love it. Never have to worry about hitting the wrong sat and sets up and ready in 2-3 minutes.

lhetsler

I use the
Model GM-1518​
WINEGARD​
® It is completely automatic where I don't think the cube is. This wingard will work with DTV or Dish Network. You just set it up and it does all the work. Works great. Cost around $700.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
RV-4 Automatic. Cost is around 1,200.00. It's only money and who's gonna spend it when you are gone.

RollingHome

Joel, on most Sat TV systems you plug in the zip code on setup and this gives you the mag coordinates. = Compensated for magnetic variance and deviation = you have magnetic heading. For example, I live in PA in the NE SE area of the state (Philly) . East is least & West is best... what the heck does that mean? Well if it's east = subtract.... if it's west = best so add... In this area of the USA we have 12 Degrees west variance so add ??? what's that mean ? It means, when you get your heading of 190 degrees add 12 degrees to it for a heading of 212 degress. Point your Dish at 211 degrees and you'll capture the satelite. You don't need all those expensive gizmo's... all you need is a cheap compass and you'll be fine. If it doesn't work at first, just patiently change your disk. I do this on site in the RV Park/s and it works. Play around and remember, you're smarter then the little tin dish... you will win :). Any problems hit us back, we're ALL for ya and it's fun to help a fellow RVer. Tally Ho Tom

jimtoo

RollingHome said...."when you get your heading of 190 degrees add 12 degrees to it for a heading of 212 degrees. Point your Dish at 211 degrees and you'll capture the satelite. You don't need all those expensive gizmo's... all you need is a cheap compass and you'll be fine. If it doesn't work at first, just patiently......"""" :D :D

:D :D Hehe he ...just had to do that...:D :D But I agree with you..".Play around and remember, you're smarter then the little tin dish... you will win :)"

I love this forum....:D

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
For quite some time I had the small round 18" dish with a single LNB and with a compass could have a lock in a few minutes. Recently I upgraded to a DVR and along with that came the big "slimline" monter from Direct TV. My first experience was bad. I have since purchased a good tri-pod from TV4RV.
http://tv4rv.com/cgi-bin/ppcal.cgi?action=shopitem&user=8001&itemnumber=9003&categnumber=1
What a slick set up. I set my elevation and skew before I even put the dish on the post and I can now get a good signal in 5 minutes or less. More often than not I have to increase the elevation a 1/2 degree or so. My wife is in the trailer during set up with a walkie talkie letting me know the signal strength numbers. She calls out the numbers as I adjust.

RollingHome

OK guys ( n Gals) it's been 24 hours since I posted... How come Jim Too is the only one who got it... No one else barked ? half a dozen to one 7 to the other, both are equal ??? 2 + 2 = 5... comon, a little brevity here... how about this, my wife went into a mens store and asked, "Do you have a tie which will bring out Tom's blue eyes ?" The clerk said "madam, any tie will bring out his eyes, if you tie it tight enough"... Back to reality, The real answer is 213 degrees ( 190 + 12= 213) ... Jeez, ya gotta love this forum, but ya gotta have fun first...

RollingHome

He sure does Ray... When he interviewed Jim told him "We'll pay you what your worth", his reply, "No body could live on that kind of money". So they sweetened the pot by giving him unlimited overtime. Pay backs my ole 'buddy'...