Television Hook Up to Multiple Sources

Willym

My Rushmore is on order, and I was thinking about how the TV hook ups will work. I shall want to be able to use satellite, cable, antenna and DVD sources for the TV. My current unit has a Winegard distribution box that takes all of the possible inputs and allows you to switch up to three TV's to any of those inputs. It's not perfect but it is easy to use. I don't see such a box in new Landmark's, and the co-ax diagram in the manuals section didn't help. Thus I was wondering what owners do to switch between sources.

Willym

I probably should have put this question in the entertainment/video section.

I now suspect that this is probably not an issue, and I presume that one just switches the TV video inputs to select the appropriate input using the TV remote.

ChopperBill

Willym is correct. I just went through all that. Hook up your sat. and cable cables and just use the TV input (source) button on your remote to select which system you want to use. I have all Samsung stuff in our stick house and with "Anynet" it is a simple and automatic deal. With the Sharp TV and Samsung receiver in the trailer it is a learning experience.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I probably should have put this question in the entertainment/video section.

I now suspect that this is probably not an issue, and I presume that one just switches the TV video inputs to select the appropriate input using the TV remote.
Hi Bill. The problem with not being able to use the winegard distribution box is due to the antenna amplifier being in the front compartment. It (the winegard) replaces the antenna amplifier and provides 12 volts to the antenna head as well as allowing you to send signals from various devices to different tv's. In other words all of your equipment would have to be in the bedroom. A solution might be to run an additional coax cable from the LR entertainment area and connect it from the winegard to the roof antenna coax. With a slight bit of re-cabling, it could be done. You would also need to re-route the "cable TV" coax fron the UDC to the LR entertainment area into the winegard box. It's doable but would require some work. I hope my way of explaining this makes sense.

Wharton

When we ordered our BH we had Heartland run extra coax from the BR to the LR and from the UDC to the LR. Just fiinished hooking up the Winegard and all appears to be well. Lots of muttering and tracing of lines though.

Willym

Thank you both. I'll fiddle with this when I get the trailer. We don't watch TV in the bedroom, so this should make source selection a little easier.

Bill