Hello MPG owners

Got our 183 on 4/20. Pull it with a 2005 Nissan Frontier (pulls great). Spent first three nights in it on the way home from Manchester, TN to Fort Mill, SC. Have to wait over two weeks before we take it out again.

Hope to share good information through this forum.

jimtoo

Hi billanderson,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share if needed.

Looks like your first outing was good... hope you have many more.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

brains77396

We also like the 183. Also, like you, we have a 2010 Frontier with the long wheel base and the 4.0 V-6. We plan to use the Hayes G-2 3 axes brake controller and was wondering if a equalizing hitch and/or sway controller is needed. So far we are getting about 24 mpg on the hwy but haven't a clue how much it will drop pulling a trailer. Our local dealer has a 186(?) listed, which I think it is a 183, but is 3 grand more than a couple of quotes we have received. Congratulations on your new purchase.

sjmeyer

I pull my 183 with my 2005 4.7L Toyota Tundra without issue. I don't have any equalizing gear or sway control installed.
--Steve

brains77396

We left the dealer yesterday for the 30 mile trip home. Our 2010 Frontier seem to do OK. There was no hunting between drive and overdrive but it knew it had a trailer behind it. Turned the OD off and the RPM only went up 250 rpm. That may be the way to go without a good tailwind. It sure seemed to pull easier. Hopefully, that will not impact mileage too much. Getting 20 running around town and would guess 25 or more on the open road. I would be happy with 15 mpg towing. My class "C" got 8 on a good day. Going on vacation sometime next week so will see how it does. No WDH or sway bar yet. It felt stable at 60 but with no big trucks whizzing by. Using a Hayes G-2 3 axis brake controller. Steve, your Tundra is a tad bigger then our Frontiers. BTY, my brother in law just bought a 18 ft something that he will pull with a v-6 Ford Ranger, he hopes.

Got our 183 on 4/20. Pull it with a 2005 Nissan Frontier (pulls great). Spent first three nights in it on the way home from Manchester, TN to Fort Mill, SC. Have to wait over two weeks before we take it out again.

Hope to share good information through this forum.

shmily76

We pull ours with a 2008 Hyundai Sante Fe. On our trip from IL to NC and back, we avg'd 2500rpm, and we got about 11mpg. It did pretty well. We do have the sway bar installed at the dealer's recommendation, and it worked WONDERS in the mtns of TN/NC. Highly suggest using it if doing long hauls!

mcota

We are pulling with a 2007 Saturn Relay. We just returned from a cross country trip (10,000 miles) and had no problems. Admittedly, going up the mountains in the Rockies and Cascades was slow and nerve racking. The heat in the desert was also unnerving, but the van did fine. The engine temperature was the same as when not pulling. The we tried to keep the RPMs between 2500 and 3000 (normal is about 1500). We are considering a bigger vehicle just for piece of mind.

We just purchased a MPG and picked it up this past Wednesday. We are pulling ours with a Toyota Rav 4 V-6 and the 400km trip home was great...No problems and our Rav 4 pulled it great.
We got the chance to sleep in it on Tuesday night because Wednesday morning we put our rav in to get our hitch,etc installed.
First time RV owners and it feel great so far.Pics to follow in the next few days.

brains77396

IMG_4289.jpgWelcome to the MPG community. Our TV is a 2010 Nissan Frontier with the 4.0 V-6. On our 1900 mile trip to TN from TX we averaged 13.5 mpg. We cruise between 60 and 65. Anything over that and the wind drag gets to be a big problem. No WDH or sway bar but may add the bar later. With the OD off we cruise at 2200 rpm. We have the 183 and when the kids fly the coop, will trade for a different model with a full time bed. Converting the table is not hard, just a pain. Bought a blow up air mattress which sleeps much better but is a real pain to use but worth it for a good nights sleep. Nice to see the new MPG people getting on the forum. Was going to post a photo but have not determined what the URL of the photo is. They are saved on my computer under photos but???? In OCT will be camping with a group of 8 R-Pods folks. Looking forward to that.

JKGillis

We just purchased and MPG 185 on 20 Aug. We purchased the screen tent as well and are wondering if any other MPG owners have the screen tent and how they attached it to their MPG?

JK Gillis
Fredericton, NB
Canada

hojomoose

i have the 185. I pull with a Trailblazer..... don't even know it is behind me. I have the sway bar and what a difference it makes in towing. Love, love , love my MPG!!!!!

Happy Trails