A tip of the hat to Heartland!!

ChopperBill

Went to do the "PDI" and pick up the new rig on Friday. Our 3610RE was in the shop just basically sitting there with the slides out and plugged into power. Was told the guy that was going to go through it with us called in sick. I said that's OK me and Renee will just go over it ourselves. Armed with my continuity tester, square drive mounted to my cordless drill and an assortment of other do-dads we went work. Renee took the inside I went outside to tear into the belly of the beast.
Inside every thing looked pretty good except for a few scuffs and bruises from hauling it out here. The screens on the windows were really tight and one was out of the track and almost refused to go in. I may cut them down later. Told dealer we would tend to the bruises ourselves. All switches and lights worked as should. Heating and air, except for low air flow on the A/C, worked. Actually the air flow was a tad better than I expected it to be. Doing the TimK tent in the vent anyway. Appliances all worked as they should. Bedroom door wouldn't latch, a little whittling with my pocket knife on some wood left in the striker plate hole let it latch. Zipper on air bed bag was broke. Will call the Flair folks for a new one. Unit was still winterized so I know no water inspections were done. Fine with me cause I would have just checked it over again anyway. Fresh tank filled to full with no problem! And didn't have to fiddle with 3 vents. Sani-flush worked. NO leaks any where! BRASS fittings for the water lines were fitted almost everywhere! Saw some plastic fittings on the winterizing plumbing and elbows going to the washer dryer area.
TV cables checked out with my tester except for the satellite cable going to the living room. Told the service guys and they said they had to call Heartland to get permission to fix it so they would get paid for warranty. I said I would fix it myself. Found a connector at the face plate that was not making good contact. Cable good and to the right place! Paint on frame and attachments was in excellent shape. Bottom of slides had NO plywood but heavy plastic panel of some sort. Wiring and plumbing routing was 75% better than our first Bighorn. Less saw dust and trash was left in the area. Belly covering was A+! No cuts or patches. Wow, the new roof and floor are ROCK solid! Love that new Hydraulic landing gear. The dinette chairs were shipped wrong. Credit the dealer for changing out 4 of them with a unit in stock, and will order the 5th. Dealer had Goodyear tires installed and the tire guy put some minor scratches on the wheels. Sending a check for $500 for damages!
We came home, with our 3610, exhausted about 6 hours later with smiles on our faces. Guess I have to give Heartland a B+ on fit, finish,taking care of known problems and up graded construction. (no one ever gets an A from me. lol) We all know something is going to have to get fixed but at least we are starting out on the right foot. Thanks Heartland!

jimtoo

Hi Bill,

Thanks for a great report... so far it sounds good...hope everything continues good. Must be ??? dealer if they only have one person to do PDI,,,, no one else that knows the units???