North Trail 2011 Trailer electrical diagram

Remi

I have just receive my new TT last Friday and realize when I hit the brake all the external lights comes on. The problem doesn't seem easy to trace. It looks like one wire is feeding into another. (pinch wire or wrong connection). Is there a diagram for the 21 FBS with the right color code. The one I have in my owner manual doesn't match the TT wiring existing colors. I have checked the wiring from my car with a trailer light tester (everything is OK) and the TT with another truck (same problem). Wire for STOP and TURN lights are not very accessible from under. There is a corrugated board under the trailer stuck in some places between the frame and the gas pipe or the dump valve that can be easily damage when move. Because it is a new TT I will bring it back to the dealer.

jimtoo

Hi Remi,

Your dealer should have never let you leave the business without checking the operation of your lights and brakes.

Please contact your dealer.

Jim M

Remi
There is a junction box under the front A frame of you TT this is were the pigtail hooks to the trailer lights I would check it out, it is not water proof
one of the next mods on my to-due list is to redue this with a water proof box ! If you don't find the problem there the next step is the dealer.
I can't believe they didn't check out your lights and brakes before you left the dealer. I don't think I would be very nice about it,if it's a long way to the dealer
make them come to to you !!
Good luck
Dale

Remi

The dealer is two hours away. I'm not very please. I've check the box. Wiring is bizarre. There is a code (color) for trailer wiring. LEFT(flasher) and BRAKE, RIGHT(flasher) and BRAKE and POSITION lights. The return path is the frame or a wire that goes to the frame. Quite simple for the trailer lights. Color code is different for that TT and it doesn't match the owner manuel. If you feed 12 volt wire by wire something is wrong, there is a leak from the FLASHER or BRAKE wire to the position lights, (sometime it flickers). Wires are very hard to track under and in the back of the unit when they go up to the lights. I also had a message on my SUV console that something is wrong with the LEFT trailer flasher. So I'm bringing the unit back to the dealer tomorow, it is a brand new unit.........or it's suppose to be....... quality control was missed for the base.
Thanks for the reply.