New Bighorn Owner!!

sdagro

DW and I are the proud new owners of a 2011 Bighorn 3670RL. What a Beauty and at the same time what a beast. we are still in aw. DW has been going thru and repacking everything that we had in the old Wildcat 29RLKS. She was a great beginner camper and served us well. BUT.....this thing has everything we ever wanted....and then some.

jimtoo

Hi sdagro,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family.. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will love your new 3670RL. We have looked at the same unit and are wishing.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
sdagro - congratulations on your new Big Horn. You are right in that you now have just about everything on wheels - I call mine the "condo on wheels". Enjoy and travel safely.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yep, it is a monsta. But once you're set up, it is roomy. Wife saw it at the RV show and there was no turning back.

ihsolutions

Congrats! You'll love it. We picked up the exact same unit on March 29th. Been out twice so far, plus three times camping in driveway with the kids. So far we love it. Plenty of problems, but hoping to have everything ironed out soon. How was your PDI, and did you find many issues?

sdagro

So far while repacking the monsta we notice that above the refrigerator they just abruptly stop the crown molding. Might have been a Friday afternoon job or something. From the fridge corner all the way around to the bathroom door. I will call my dealer tomorrow. Got my satellite hooked up over the weekend. Haven't stayed in it yet but can't wait. Still trying to get an answer from Heartland/Lippert on the bicycle rack that is supposedly made by Lippert to attach to the mounting brackets on the rear of the unit. Can anyone tell me how long the outside shower hose should be. Mine is only about 1 1/2 ft. Not sure if thats the total length or if it may be caught on something behind the hatch. Other than that all seems well. I'm sure when we take it out we will have to make a list, but for now we are very much pleased. Steve A. Dagro

jnbhobe

Its caught on something,pull out the wall and look. You can tighten all the water connections then too.Its real good preventative maintainance. JON

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The shower hose isn't real long, but it should extend more than 1 1/2 feet. Mine was tangled up in the mess behind the UDC until I took care of it. But the spray is next to useless for any utility work, so I just run a length of hose off my manifold with a standard nozzle on it. It's probably adequate for giving the kids a quick rinse if they've been playing in the sand, though.

Mounting brackets in the rear for a bicycle rack??? Now I'm jealous.

jimtoo

A word of advice. If you use the outside shower and turn it off with the button on the spray head you will not get hot water in the trailer then... only warm... it will bypass somehow in the outside shower. So always make sure the outside shower is turned off at the knobs. Don't ask me how I know how this happens...:D