Added Towel Bar in Commode Room

jbeletti

Inspired by slaytop (thanks Larry) and pushed Nancy, I finally added a towel bar in the Commode Room. When we first took delivery of the trailer in April of 2005, I added a 24" brushed nickel coat/towel hook on the vertical frame around the bed slide onthe shower side. Since then and since we saw Larry's at the rally, Nancy had been wanting a towel bar in the Commode Room.

A few months back, at Home Depot or Lowes, we purchased a 24" towel bar. We'll, I finally installed it today - here in beautiful Chatham, IL (just south of Springfield).

Behind the rear commode room wall is the coat closet. In the coat closet is the monitor panel, the TV switch box and a host of other switches. This means a ton of wiring is in that common wall. I've seen it at the factory - it's a huge snake of cables.

I took the safe route and made my initial mounting holes with an awl. I enlarged the holes with a Phillips screwdriver. Popped in the plastic anchors and used the supplied screws to install the 2 mounting plates.

I feel pretty comfortable that I didn't disturb any wiring. The plates mounted solidly and the bar is sturdy and secure. A successful project (I hope).

Jim

Attachments

• towel_bar_mounting.jpg
    towel_bar_mounting.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 70
  • towel_bar_complete.jpg
    towel_bar_complete.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 77
K

Ken Washington

Hi Jim,
You put it in the same place I put ours but I put a double bar so that we could hang two towels to dry when we couldn't hang them outside. Looks good Jim and I thought about all the wires too!
Ken

jbeletti

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the compliment. Sometimes I get it right :D After my tire debacle today, I needed a win.

Larry had 2 towel bars above his commode too. Maybe even one on the front wall too. Bar heaven. With the one hook in the bedroom for me, I am hoping this will be it.

But a request has been given to me to add a coffe mug shelf in the commode room :eek:

Now where did I stash my maple wood stock??

Jim