Carpet replacement

gm28

Just bought a used 08 Heartland Sundance 3300. Previous owner had dog and I am having hard time removing all the dog hair. Thinking about just replacing all the carpet. Don't know where to start or even have any idea how much it cost. Do you have to have carpet for the slides? Any comments?

jimtoo

Hi gm28,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think the carpet is just stapled down over a thin pad. Should not be hard to replace except for the slides. If you do not have carpet in the slide with the outer edge loose and bound, then you will see the crack where the slide and floor meet. You could put laminate or such in the main floor area easily. The slide area could be measured and go to carpet place and have them cut and bind the edge that would be covering the slide joints.

I'm sure others will join in and give their ideas also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Check here to see how we recently replaced our carpet in an 08' Bighorn. I saw someone on another forum who put Allure resilient flooring in their coach, even in the slides, but wood work is not our specialty so making a transition strip from the main floor to the slide floor was not something we wanted to try....

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/14900-Facelift!!?p=114404&highlight=#post114404