Landing Gear problem

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Just returned from first trip and had just a couple minor items until leaving. the DW was pullling up front landing gear and they quit when retracted and hooked to the TV. checked the fuses and one was lit up red. it looked fine but replaced it anyways, no help. Unwrapped tape at switch and motor and found no problems or fuses. My rig is a 2011 ER 34QSRL. Is there some other switch or fuse i am not aware of? Thank God for a crank or I would still be hooked up. any help appreciated

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your rig is similar, the breaker for the front landing gear is behind the battery box. One of the red, rubber covered devices should have a small button on the side to reset it. Look for something like the photo. Can't tell you which one it is, though.
View attachment 8006

TGLBWH

Thanks for the quick info. mine isn't exactly the same but i will checke it out tomorrow. It was pouring rain here in MI when all this happened and didn't want to drown. From what i am hearing this is a fairly common problem. Probably should be a limit switch or at least info in paperwork about it. Dealers should also be informed to include info in PDI

grampak

My Sundance had a circuit breaker and a inline fuse that I blew... I also had a the same problem with my electric jack on my pull type. I replaced the fuse with a circuit breaker that fit in the fuse holder.....

TGLBWH

just changed the fuse, which was in the battery compartment, to no avail. Everything seems to be fine except it does not work. Suppose dealer and Ask the factory are next

TGLBWH

Just returned and still find no circuit breaker in battery compartment. i do show a fault in the circuit board inside (red light on) although it is poorly labeled as receptacle i think. uncoverded all battery connections in front compartment and no breakers. there is a small twelve volt box near battery that comes from fuse but there is no reset or buttons. this is a 2011 Elk Ridge 34QSRL. schematics would sure help right about now. Trying not to be too frustrated because i have three weeks until next trip.

JohnDar

From previous posts, the resettable breaker doesn't look like a standard breaker. If you have one, the button is about the size of a pimple and not easily seen. Don't know if this photo will help. When you try the jack switch, it there any sound from the motor? Have you tried checking for voltage at the switch and motor? Make sure the connectors on the back of the switch have not come off.

JohnDar

Here's a schematic for the electric landing gear I found on Lippert's website. It shows a 30A fuse somewhere in the switch harness.

TGLBWH

Thanks for the info John. Mine has a 20 amp fuse a foot from the battery, all connections seem good, the motor does not run, just the switch sound. Have a couple minor issues to take it back for. I will just add this to the list if i don't figure it out by then

Duramax1

You need to manually partially extend the landing gear before replacing the in line fuse. Before I did that on mine, I just kept blowing the replaced in line fuses.