2011 Cyclone 3850 Wet Carpet in Basement Storage

shriver63

Is it normal or acceptable to have wet carpet in the lower storage areas just inside each baggage door on this RV after a hard rain? Not the pass thru rubber coated floor but the little drop down areas with indoor outdoor carpet. One side has the hinged cover over the area I'm talking about for tools. Seems to me everything in there is just going to rust and stain the carpet

porthole

Retired
On my 3010 water was getting into the covered (ODS) compartment from the UDC. I siliconed all the seams at the bottom of the UDC and seemed to have solved my problem.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Then you might want to check behind the wall. There are several "tees" on that side of the compartment, all PEX type stuff.

jwpurdy

I had this problem when it rained and water inside storage area. I resealed the window above in front overhead and seems to have cured problem.

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
If you un screw the UDC plastic caps and run your hand down the inside channel of the outer trim, you will notice the water runs, straight shot from the front towards to kitchen slide (which is open ended). I caulked the lower seams iside the UDC compartment as well as everything else located 10 ft from the door......nothing worked. The only thing that seems to make a difference is if I raise the front of the trailer up beyond level. Go figure. The toolbox is useless as it is always wet and since it is made out of OSB vs. plywood, it will be rotted out by next season. A great idea but a poor design.

porthole

Retired
I bent a piece of duct work from Home Depot and siliconed it in the space between the tool box and the round port, right up against the tool box.
Once it cured enough to not slide around I reached in with a tube of silicone and caulked all the corners and covered the bottom real good.

I intentionally was sloppy with the water this past week and am happy to report my toolbox remained dry.

Attachments

• D30_7256.JPG
    D30_7256.JPG
    346.6 KB · Views: 2,926