Hitch receiver

dkjones

I see that Lippert makes a hitch receiver that fits on their frame. It has a 1 1/4" receiver. Has any one put one of those on? Does any one have experience with an adapter to go to a 2" receiver? My bike rack has a 2 inch hitch. Total weight of bike rack and 3 bikes would be about 120 pounds

RollingHome

dkjones, I read a thread a couple of days ago that explained this. A 1-1/4" receiver is used so HL can have a little more control over what goes in it. I believe they are concerned some yahoo will try to pull a car or boat if they put a 2 " receiver on the Lippert frame. I believe they are not worried about a bike rack. I believe this is what they had in mind, light stuff within reason and common sense. If it were me I would not hesitate to use an adapter for my bike rack. Search this forum to give yourself more comfort. By the way, my NBS GM truck has a 2-1/2" receiver ! I never knew they had this size. I bought adapters so I can use my 2" stuff. Tom

RollingHome

In another thread ->
Re: Receiver for 2011 Bighorn 3670RL

the 2011 model Bighorn units have factory installed brackets that allow you to add a receiver bike hitch. This can be added to your Bighorn - the part # is 50745 (Bike Hitch, Curved: Lippert) and can be ordered through our parts department. As an FYI - the bike hitch is rated for 150 lbs.

thanks, Coley​

Coley Brady