hehr dual pane windows

h2ok9

Just got home with new rushmore and have a concern regarding dual pane windows. What model hehr window is used and is there an obvious way to determine if the windows are double pane?? I've seen and been around double pane residential windows and seems relatively easy to see the two panes. However, my windows are either extremely thin paned with a wide gap or one rather thick pane. They don't seem to stop/inhibit noise will either. Anybody with a little help.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The dual panes are easy to tell from single. Slide a window open and you will be able to see and feel both inner and outer panes of glass with a black rubber type material in between. If you don't have the right windows, you will definitely have to ask your dealer what happened. Did you order dual panes as an option or were you told they were standard equipment?

h2ok9

thanks for response---no the windows were special ordered as option. I will look at them tonight and see if i can tell.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
thanks for response---no the windows were special ordered as option. I will look at them tonight and see if i can tell.
I guess I should have added a comment about the noise. I personally feel the side walls of our slide outs are the culprit for noise intrusion. They are only insulated with loose bat insulation and not laminated like our main side walls. We have dual panes and I'm glad we have em. I feel it was a good investment and they do help with heat and cold retention and don't condensate like single panes would.