2011 rushmore tv cable wiring

h2ok9

This may belong elsewhere--- got our new rushmore home this weekend and cable service came out and said power/strength was good coming into the coach, but when checked outlet on rear of trailer, extremely weak. Where is the splitter for cable after UDC??? HELP??

atlal

I just took the storage area apart in my 2011 GC this weekend to install a Progressive surge protector. There was a cable splitter behind the wall on the left side of the vacumn cleaner. The cable outlet in the storage area was connected to the output side of the splitter along with a second cable. It fact the second cable had a loose connection (the crimp was bad) that I had to repair before reassemblying everything. Since your Rushmore floorplan is different, your cable splitter may be in a slightly different location.

BTW, it took me over two hours to fish the Progressive LED remote wire down from the control panel behind the mirrored door to the surge protector now mounted on the floor next to the inverter behind the circuit breaker box. Lots of wires in that area.

Atlanta Al

skh

make sure your antenna booster is not turned on
Ok, so what is with this tv cabling in the Landmarks? So far I've just been seeing things written about no switch or anything to easily control the bedroom and main tv systems. Just got a GC home and haven't really had time to deal with it but it is in the back of my mind bugging me. Have Winegard traveler slimline directv dish installed and my son was home yesterday so I had him try to start sorting it out. He hooked up a receiver to the main tv with the sat. input from the jack marked sat. behind the main tv. The Traveler dish did NOTHING until he turned off the antenna booster! Then it started up and found the sat's, the receiver is recognizing and says "slimline" but no programming. He was planning to call Winegard today, but seems like we will need more help than that to really get this rig up and running with a bedroom and main tv. I know I haven't really tried to sort it out but would greatly appreciate a kind soul that's been through it offering guidance with the whole Landmark system, not just the Traveler dish, am trying to get on the road for business and don't really have time to deal with it. Thank so much in advance.

Cimriver

Can't help you specifically with the Landmark wiring scheme, but I would pull off the connector plates and check the cable terminations behind them..

h2ok9

back again--- hooked up cable through satellite connections per dealer instructions, but no success. Cable company came back out--different guy-- ran different test and determined buried service line was rotting. replaced line and all is well.

skh

Just to update, got the Traveler dish working. Went up top and there was a coax not hooked up! Everything fired right up then and works slick. Still wish there was a splitter to control both TV's with one receiver, dvd, etc. but I guess in this day and age they figure people want two receivers with anyway. Opted to install the bedroom tv myself and easily got a 22'' up there (Grand Canyon).