need to find source of leak!

cashb

Went camping this past weekend in our new 2900MK, and had a leak.:eek: The water came out of the corner of the bottom cabinet that is underneath the TV in the living area. Don't know if it came from the shower or not. DH had previously resealed around the shower. What is under this cabinet? Is the hot water heater in there? This is new, tho we have only used the vehicle four or five times, but never seen water leak from there before. Any ideas?

Rickhansen

Also, and probably a little easier to check than the P-Trap, is to check the access port in the shower stall. I assume your rig has one for access to the water connections. Remove the round access cover by unscrewing it to the left, verify the hot and cold water connections are tight on the mixing valve and not leaking, the valve is tightened to the shower surround, and that the rubber o-ring is properly placed as you screw the access port back in place. An inspection mirror and flashlight will help.

If any of these leak, the water will end up on the subfloor under the shower and run downhill.

mlburst1

Another place to check is to remove the access panel at the base of the TV cabinet (2 square drive screws).

Once you remove the panel, you can see the rear of the hot water heater, the water pump and the fittings on the back of the UDC - a likely place to find a leak.

Good luck!

Duramax1

I had exactly the same problem when we took delivery of our 2900MK.

It turned out that the hot water tank connections to the cold and hot water lines were not fully tightened.

Take off the panel below the TV and radio cabinet.

An easy fix.

cashb

Thanks for everyone's imput! We took the panel off of T.V. cabinet base and tightened the fittings. Seems to have taken care of the problem. We'll know for sure next camping trip!

buckeyebob

do yourself a favor and tighten all your fittings.we went through this with our 2900mk.things get loose as you travel.my latest was water dripping from front left of coach last fall.it was the outside shower connections.get under sink in bath and look up and tighten sink faucet connections(hand tighten),then look higher up and find outside shower connections,again (hand tight) sink basin rubber seals in kitchen were loose and only leeked when we had dishwater standing in basin.tighten these sink strainer nuts and then do the faucet connections under there.our hot water conn,at heater were loose ,and i see from your reply above you fixed that.i left the panel out so i can checkfor leaks on hw connections.i check all this stuff each time i go camping.a flashlite and 5 minutes will do it.i love my 09 2900mk,any questions or problems give me a yell!!buckeyebo0b