I-40 Highway 64/74

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I heard on the news this morning that I-40 at the Tennessee and North Carilona Line is supposed to open this week. All the slides are clear and the road is a go. Also the 64/74 highway east of Cleveland Tennessee around the Occee River is open now. Slides are clear and the road has been repaved.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Lee - Nathan & I are over in the Outer Banks at the Eastern Rally hoping to use I-40 going back. When we left last Friday, the NCDOT was talking about opening on Tuesday. Is that still what they are saying?
Byrd

ct0218

I-40 opened Sunday evening at 6PM, 1 lane westbound open, both lanes eastbound open. It was closed for a few hours today when a speeding 18 wheeler overturned and spilled the load. Wrecked 18 wheelers are a weekly occurence through the gorge when it is open, seems many do not believe the speed limit signs.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Hey Nabo,
As far as I can find out it is open now. NC says yes just cleaning up the last lane westbound. Should be fully open by this weekend. Hope you are having a great ti,e maybe next year we can go. Looking forward to seeing you and Nathan in Lebanon next month. Have a great and safe trip.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Great news as we will be driving by car through there this Friday. We are on our first trip to the Outer Banks with 3 other TN couples that we met 9 years ago while camping in Florida.